cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370-F new issue with bios 4012: reboots playing a second game (desperate for help)

D-X3M
Level 9
Hi all, i have had previous issues since the release of the x370-f
i didn't get any feedback on my older threads, so i'm hoping this time i will.

using amd ryzen 1600x, x370-f mobo, gskill F4-3200c14-16GTZSK, cruxial m2 500Gig, gtx 1060 oc gigabyte
nexus 700watt
atlast i was able to run this stable for months.. until latest biosupdate 4012 before i was running bios 906 if i'm not mistaking..

now i'm experiencing reboots, able to repeat this by:

starting a certain game, closing it up, opening a second game (it might crash after a few seconds, or on closing the game) if it doesn't crash, i just do the same thing again, run a certain game a second time, close it, open the 2nd game for a second time, and crash.

so far i have tried the following:

fresh install no tools, only nvidia and audio, and game : same result
bios default : same result
bios tweaks, manually setting ram voltage to 1.35 : same result
set ram to auto 2133, with 1.2v: same result
using dcop: same result
disabling all boost features and use energy saving : same result
manual set all clocks, same result
remove audio drivers as every reboot it switches audio source : same result
disabled gaming mode, game dvr, overlays origin, geforce, steam: same result
switching energy saving modes : same result

it's like the release all over again.. but this time i don't get it to work.

*update, it appears Gskill mentions that kit is not Supported for the x370-f while asus QVL clearly mentions them. They say this kit is for intel only, will not work or atleast not stable. gskill only supports up til 2400mhz with their kits for x370-f.. well thanks asus for the lie i guess??
1 REPLY 1

Raja
Level 13
There are a few things you need to bare in mind:

1) The QVL does state the following:

-Memory module with memory frequency higher than 2133 MHz and its corresponding timing or the loaded XMP Profile is not the JEDEC memory standard. The stability andcompatibility of these memory modules depend on the CPU’s capabilities and other installed devices

In other words, the QVL is a rough guideline only and it isn't a guarantee. Just because an overclock works on one system, doesn't mean it will 100% work on others.

2) An overclocked config may require manual tuning. And that means tuning voltages, memory sub-timings, and other related parameters (more than you've tried above). Nothing anyone can do about that.

In lieu of this, you may want to try tuning things manually. Some of the more experienced AMD users may be able to guide you a bit. I don't have a Strix X370-F board here at home, and won't have access to one for a few months, so there's not much I can suggest. Good luck!