cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new ROG GL503VM Overheat problem

Gdcr7
Level 7
Hi everyone, this is my first ROG laptop so i don't have any exprience with Rog, i just bought it a few days ago and i realized that the CPU and GPU temperature is very high when playing some games ( Most notably Dota 2) , on Dota the cpu temperature will go as high as 90-93 meanwhile the gpu will go 81-86. is this normal for an asus rog or should i worry about it causing damage in the long run?

i've tried undervolting both gpu and cpu and the results were minimum, after undervolt the cpu will go 75-85 on stress and the gpu will cap at 80.
what can i do about this?
2 REPLIES 2

StarJack
Level 11
Gdcr7 wrote:
Hi everyone, this is my first ROG laptop so i don't have any exprience with Rog, i just bought it a few days ago and i realized that the CPU and GPU temperature is very high when playing some games ( Most notably Dota 2) , on Dota the cpu temperature will go as high as 90-93 meanwhile the gpu will go 81-86. is this normal for an asus rog or should i worry about it causing damage in the long run?

i've tried undervolting both gpu and cpu and the results were minimum, after undervolt the cpu will go 75-85 on stress and the gpu will cap at 80.
what can i do about this?

As documented all over these forums, try disabling turbo boost for your CPU. You can adjust your power profile to stop the processor from reaching 100% utilization.

StarJack

StarJack wrote:
As documented all over these forums, try disabling turbo boost for your CPU. You can adjust your power profile to stop the processor from reaching 100% utilization.

StarJack

what are the safe temperatures for gpu and cpu? i don't really want to disable turbo boost if these kind of heat is acceptable