ROG Member Array

Brand new ROG GL503VM Overheat problem

Hi everyone, this is my first ROG laptop so i don't have any exprience with Rog, i just bought it a few days ago and i realized that the CPU and GPU temperature is very high when playing some games ( Most notably Dota 2) , on Dota the cpu temperature will go as high as 90-93 meanwhile the gpu will go 81-86. is this normal for an asus rog or should i worry about it causing damage in the long run?

i've tried undervolting both gpu and cpu and the results were minimum, after undervolt the cpu will go 75-85 on stress and the gpu will cap at 80.
    what can i do about this?
    Last edited by Gdcr7; 07-02-2018 at 06:26 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcr7 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first ROG laptop so i don't have any exprience with Rog, i just bought it a few days ago and i realized that the CPU and GPU temperature is very high when playing some games ( Most notably Dota 2) , on Dota the cpu temperature will go as high as 90-93 meanwhile the gpu will go 81-86. is this normal for an asus rog or should i worry about it causing damage in the long run?

i've tried undervolting both gpu and cpu and the results were minimum, after undervolt the cpu will go 75-85 on stress and the gpu will cap at 80.
    what can i do about this?
    As documented all over these forums, try disabling turbo boost for your CPU. You can adjust your power profile to stop the processor from reaching 100% utilization.

StarJack

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by StarJack View Post
    As documented all over these forums, try disabling turbo boost for your CPU. You can adjust your power profile to stop the processor from reaching 100% utilization.

StarJack
    what are the safe temperatures for gpu and cpu? i don't really want to disable turbo boost if these kind of heat is acceptable