cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VII Hero WIFI SOC Voltage too low fo 32GB RAM

srsbsns
Level 9
Hello Guys,

I wanted to share something I noticed recently. I was getting Video Schedualer Internal Error BSODs all the sudden after running fine initially. The instability started after the last few bios updates.

I'm running two kits of F4-3200C14D-16GFX. Memtest86 reported about 10 or so errors running the default 4 passes. This only happened with all 4 sticks installed. Individually and in pairs there were no errors.

When in the BIOS you see the SOC voltage and it appears much higher than when outside much like the CPU VCORE. VIN4 in HWinfo64 shows 1.090v which is not enough to run all 4 sticks error free at 3200.

I applied a small offset to fix this. Since this was fine before did the bios support for memory actually regress?

EDIT: POSSIBLE BIOS BUG DISCOVERED

I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed. Issue needs to be reported to ASUS but not sure what the most efficient way is.
4 REPLIES 4

Dunaway428
Level 7
I wonder if this could be related to the issue I am having. I can overclock my ram to 3200 and all seems stable. If I overclock my graphics card at all the ram becomes unstable and starts BSOD. I can run ram at stock and overclock GPU just fine.

Dunaway428 wrote:
I wonder if this could be related to the issue I am having. I can overclock my ram to 3200 and all seems stable. If I overclock my graphics card at all the ram becomes unstable and starts BSOD. I can run ram at stock and overclock GPU just fine.

Its possible. I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed.

Ive contacted Asus but it has not been much help as Im getting people who barely understand what I'm talking about.

srsbsns wrote:
Its possible. I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed.

Ive contacted Asus but it has not been much help as Im getting people who barely understand what I'm talking about.

Can you share a screen of what the SOC voltage should look like? I'm a little new to this and when I try to manually muck with SOC it doesn't seem that straightforward (to me). I'm running 4 sticks as well, 16GB each and I'm having major issues even getting close to the rated 3200 speed. I manually OC'd to 2933 with 14-14-14-34 timings at 1.3v. Unfortunately the DOCP doesn't work and manually doing it to 3200 makes windows have a conniption fit.

Thanks!

gupsterg
Level 13
srsbsns wrote:
Hello Guys,

I wanted to share something I noticed recently. I was getting Video Schedualer Internal Error BSODs all the sudden after running fine initially. The instability started after the last few bios updates.

I'm running two kits of F4-3200C14D-16GFX. Memtest86 reported about 10 or so errors running the default 4 passes. This only happened with all 4 sticks installed. Individually and in pairs there were no errors.

When in the BIOS you see the SOC voltage and it appears much higher than when outside much like the CPU VCORE. VIN4 in HWinfo64 shows 1.090v which is not enough to run all 4 sticks error free at 3200.

I applied a small offset to fix this. Since this was fine before did the bios support for memory actually regress?

EDIT: POSSIBLE BIOS BUG DISCOVERED

I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed. Issue needs to be reported to ASUS but not sure what the most efficient way is.

Make sure you use latest HWINFO, reference SOC Voltage (SVI2 TFN).

I would suggest using manual mode for SOC voltage.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video