Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    31

    Crosshair VII Hero WIFI SOC Voltage too low fo 32GB RAM

    Hello Guys,

    I wanted to share something I noticed recently. I was getting Video Schedualer Internal Error BSODs all the sudden after running fine initially. The instability started after the last few bios updates.

    I'm running two kits of F4-3200C14D-16GFX. Memtest86 reported about 10 or so errors running the default 4 passes. This only happened with all 4 sticks installed. Individually and in pairs there were no errors.

    When in the BIOS you see the SOC voltage and it appears much higher than when outside much like the CPU VCORE. VIN4 in HWinfo64 shows 1.090v which is not enough to run all 4 sticks error free at 3200.

    I applied a small offset to fix this. Since this was fine before did the bios support for memory actually regress?


    EDIT: POSSIBLE BIOS BUG DISCOVERED

    I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed. Issue needs to be reported to ASUS but not sure what the most efficient way is.
    Last edited by srsbsns; 07-02-2018 at 06:31 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    I wonder if this could be related to the issue I am having. I can overclock my ram to 3200 and all seems stable. If I overclock my graphics card at all the ram becomes unstable and starts BSOD. I can run ram at stock and overclock GPU just fine.

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunaway428 View Post
    I wonder if this could be related to the issue I am having. I can overclock my ram to 3200 and all seems stable. If I overclock my graphics card at all the ram becomes unstable and starts BSOD. I can run ram at stock and overclock GPU just fine.
    Its possible. I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed.

    Ive contacted Asus but it has not been much help as Im getting people who barely understand what I'm talking about.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array Sedare PC Specs
    Sedare PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero X470
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR (4 sticks)
    Graphics Card #1Galax GTX 970 HOF
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster X7 (external Amp/DAC)
    MonitorACER XB270HU 27" G-Sync Monitor
    Storage #1WD Black 500GB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB C6H Monoblock
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Senheiser GSP600
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers E-MU XM7 Bookshelf Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87R
    Sedare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by srsbsns View Post
    Its possible. I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed.

    Ive contacted Asus but it has not been much help as Im getting people who barely understand what I'm talking about.
    Can you share a screen of what the SOC voltage should look like? I'm a little new to this and when I try to manually muck with SOC it doesn't seem that straightforward (to me). I'm running 4 sticks as well, 16GB each and I'm having major issues even getting close to the rated 3200 speed. I manually OC'd to 2933 with 14-14-14-34 timings at 1.3v. Unfortunately the DOCP doesn't work and manually doing it to 3200 makes windows have a conniption fit.

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    1,017

    Quote Originally Posted by srsbsns View Post
    Hello Guys,

    I wanted to share something I noticed recently. I was getting Video Schedualer Internal Error BSODs all the sudden after running fine initially. The instability started after the last few bios updates.

    I'm running two kits of F4-3200C14D-16GFX. Memtest86 reported about 10 or so errors running the default 4 passes. This only happened with all 4 sticks installed. Individually and in pairs there were no errors.

    When in the BIOS you see the SOC voltage and it appears much higher than when outside much like the CPU VCORE. VIN4 in HWinfo64 shows 1.090v which is not enough to run all 4 sticks error free at 3200.

    I applied a small offset to fix this. Since this was fine before did the bios support for memory actually regress?


    EDIT: POSSIBLE BIOS BUG DISCOVERED

    I have discovered BIOS 0509 gives an SOC voltage of 1.13 while the last two including the 0702 causes the SOC voltage to drop to 1.090 which seems insufficient for four sticks of memory of this speed. Issue needs to be reported to ASUS but not sure what the most efficient way is.
    Make sure you use latest HWINFO, reference SOC Voltage (SVI2 TFN).

    I would suggest using manual mode for SOC voltage.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •