cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II: Beta Testing Program

stewart_1
Level 8
Welcome to the ASUS GPU Tweak II Beta Testing Program, designed to harness the collective intelligence of our passionate ROG Forum membership. This program serves two purposes:

a) to allow ROG Forum members a chance to sample the latest beta build of GPU Tweak II and the new features that we’re gradually rolling out.

b) to give members the opportunity to contribute to the next iteration of GPU Tweak, providing vital feedback that can help us improve things as we move forward.

Help Create the Next GPU Tweak

GPU Tweak II, our graphics card overclocking and monitoring utility, has quietly been evolving and improving behind closed doors for some time. As well as general tweaks and enhancements we’re also working on some new features that we hope you will enjoy. As with any software development project, it’s crucial to get some feedback and input from the people who who use it most - the enthusiasts, gamers, and overclockers who frequent the threads of the ROG Forum.

Round 1 - Version 1.8.3.5: July 3rd to July 31st 2018

The GPU Tweak II Beta Testing Program will be divided into rounds, each lasting approximately one month, and involving a new version of GPU Tweak II. Round 1 centers on version 1.8.3.5 and will run from today (July 3rd) to July 31st.

Here is an overview of the changes that you can expect to encounter in version 1.8.3.5:

OSD (On-screen Display)
Our new OSD feature sits front and center in version 1.8.3.5. It allows a range of key data metrics to be displayed in real-time during gameplay. These include GPU-related data such as GPU load, frequency, and temperature - vital stats to reference when you want to optimize your hardware for the best gaming experience.

We’ve also expanded the OSD concept to include Memo, Photo, and Position features that allow you to add text and images to the screen, and to customize where they're displayed. Please be sure to head into the settings area to try these new features for yourself.

The OSD is compatible with dozens of popular games. A full list can be found here. If you encounter any compatibility issues, please be sure to bring it to our attention in the feedback report.

UI Improvements and Tooltips
Those of you who are familiar with GPU Tweak II will notice that we have tweaked the interface in order to optimize the user experience. We’ve also added some tooltips. Simply hover over an icon or button to find advice related to that particular feature.

Advice About Beta Testing

The Beta Testing Program gives you access to the latest beta build of the GPU Tweak II app. As with any beta-level release, there is a good chance you will encounter minor bugs and some inconsistent behavior. If you come across a bug, make a note of it and make sure to tell us about it in the Feedback Report (below), this is where we will collect the feedback from users. If it causes system instability, you can safely remove the app using the Cleaner.exe utility provided below.

Downloads

Below, you can find download links for a utility called Cleaner.exe that completely removes the app, two documents to help explain the correct install procedure, and an intro to help you use the OSD feature.

Current version
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Cleaner.exe
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic Card/Unique_Applications/GamerOSD/ASUS_GPUTweakII_RemoveTool_Version_1.0.1.1.zip

Install SOP.pdf
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/Remove-Tool-SOP.pdf

How to use the OSD.pdf
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/How-to-use.pdf

GPU Tweak II Beta Testing: Feedback Report

To make the data collection process as coherent as possible, beta testers are invited to take part in a survey so that you can share their thoughts and feedback with us.

https://goo.gl/forms/KR08digesgxa3l0D2

This thread will also act as a place to discuss the new features, however, the feedback report will offer our software development team a clearer picture of where we need to work to improve things. It should take not much more than ten mins or so of your time. Thanks in advance...
126 REPLIES 126

Nate152
It's nice to see these cool new features in GPU tweak II.

I filled out the survey and there's two things I'd like to see...

1) Would like to be able to change the size of the OSD text.

2) Would like to see the lock clock feature like precision X's K-Boost. Precision X's K-Boost works with EVGA gpu's only, MSI Afterburner works with all gpu's.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Stewart, hi,I was just checking out the how to use pdf, I see it has options to monitor cpu as well !is that option available in this version, as nothing is selected in your example.
I find at the minute I have to use afterburner to get that osd, so it would be cool if it’s now in gpu tweet .*
Will download later.*

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
stewart@asus wrote:
collective intelligence

Soooo, you're saying you only get intelligence adding us all up...individually, any dumber and we'd have to be watered twice a week 😮

Been a while since I gave GPUTweak a whirl...might see how it has evolved...or devolved as the case may be...

Rob_W_
Level 12
ok, I got the cpu monitoring sorted,
so, how do I get that stupid 1070 add of my monitor when gaming?:mad:
a couple of things, if I was able to record in game then I could just use the one app: but if I want to record I have to use afterburner, ( swapping apps all the time )?
I might be a bit dumb on some of the technicalities of gpu tweekii but I also cannot find a way to move osd to another position. ( would be a good option)?
It is better than before though!

Rob W. wrote:
ok, I got the cpu monitoring sorted,
so, how do I get that stupid 1070 add of my monitor when gaming?:mad:
a couple of things, if I was able to record in game then I could just use the one app: but if I want to record I have to use afterburner, ( swapping apps all the time )?
I might be a bit dumb on some of the technicalities of gpu tweekii but I also cannot find a way to move osd to another position. ( would be a good option)?
It is better than before though!

Thanks for the feedback Rob. On the monitor portion of the app (usually on left side of the main window), you can see a settings icon on the upper right side. Click this and you'll see options for both the monitor and the OSD feature. Click OSD, then scroll down. There are options regarding the Photo feature (currently using the 1070 ad as a placeholder demo, feel free to replace with Pam Anderson pic, or a photo of your cat, or turn off) and also positional options below that so you can have everything exactly where you want it onscreen.

For in-game recording and broadcasting we currently offer XSplit Gamcaster as a solution (click Tools in main window). A more integrated video capture / broadcast feature sounds like a good suggestion to me. Feel free to suggest it in our feedback survey: https://goo.gl/forms/KR08digesgxa3l0D2

NVidia Diver version: 398.36

First, install no Max. GPU Voltage (mV) (not listed under rearrange as well).

Second, install Max. GPU Voltage (mV) appears, but when Max. GPU Voltage (mV) slider is increased from 1.175 mV to 1.213 mV and tap the apply button Max. GPU Voltage (mV) drops to 1.175 mV. I have no idea if the Max. GPU Voltage (mV) took effect.

Third, install no Max. GPU Voltage (mV) (not listed under rearrange as well).

Fourth, install no Max. GPU Voltage (mV) (not listed under rearrange as well). Using OC Mode profile and clicking apply tab.

But works under info TAB. GPU Boost Clock (MHz) up 20 and Memory Clock (MHz) up 5

Fifth, install no Max. GPU Voltage (mV) (not listed under rearrange as well).

Link does not work either. If both panels linked and you close one panel the other panel remains.

Back to GPU Tweak version 1.4.7.3.
First, install.

See results for GPU Tweak Version 1.6.0.5. Page 3 &4.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99044-GPUTweakII-Version-1-6-0-5-Report-all-issues-in-this...

kompura
Level 7
OSD does not support ultra wide monitors (3440x1440). I can't get the Info text to the left or right end of the screen.

Raja
Level 13
Be sure to fill out the feedback form please, guys. It is linked in the OP.

SherardG
Level 7
I am using this version of GPU Tweak II with NVIDIA Driver 398.36. A couple of issues:

1. My average FPS dropped from 100 (locked) to sudden, intermittent spiking, to and from 30 fps - 100. Before installing this, I was FPS locked to 100 without any dips (frame limit 100, as GPU can go as far as 140-160 fps) - GR: Wildlands
2. GPU now "boosts intermittently" - so far as to say that it drops in power delivery and clock speed drops as a result, causing frame drops & stuttering.
3. GPU Tweak displays clock speed at 600 MHz in-game (real clock via HWinFo @ 2025 MHz) - cannot monitor actual clock. Most of the time it does this, even after fresh restart, the graph for clock speed displays 600MHz. When it displays the actual, 139 MHz (adaptive mode for desktop) - in game OSD displays 608 MHz.

Included this in feedback report. Still, this OSD functionality is awesome. Hope to see a stable release soon!