cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Coolers: Ryujin and Ryuo Liquid Coolers Announced? Are they Good?

Matt_Rowen
Level 7

Asus has recently come out with press release event in which they have announced a pair of new Asus Liquid Coolers, falling under the ROG Peripherals range.
The Ryujin Cpu Cooler will come in 360mm and 240mm variants, the moreover focus will be on style and branding of the company itself.

One of the best things to look forward to is the new surface treatment of the cooler and the radiator to maintain the design aesthetic. As per the record, Ryujin also will include 60mm fan inside the pump, I guess now we don't need low Profile Cpu coolers separately for the gaming PC. For the radiator, Noctua’s iPPC-2000 PEM fans are included, and a 1.77-inch LiveDash color OLED gives the stats for the cooler. With the Awesome look and special surface treatment, what do you guys think, this Asus Cpu cooler will make it to the best cpu coolers available in the market

Anyone looking for buying? Are they good? Need your opinions all senior admins and moderators...
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
Matt Rowen wrote:
Need your opinions all senior admins and moderators...

My opinion is that you have 1 day to clean up your link farming before I ban you. If you want to stay and have meaningful discussions you are welcome, your offsite links are not.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
My opinion is that you have 1 day to clean up your link farming before I ban you. If you want to stay and have meaningful discussions you are welcome, your offsite links are not.

I accept the mistake and feeling guilty of it. (already Removed) Now can you answer my question about the new Asus CPU cooler ?

Matt Rowen wrote:
I accept the mistake and feeling guilty of it. (already Removed) Now can you answer my question about the new Asus CPU cooler ?

By the looks of it, it appears to be an ODM Asetek build rebadged under Asus, the OEM in this case. Asus often designs and builds their own stuff, however it would make sense to have a partner like Asetek to manufacture them because scale, etc. If that is the case, it should have performance on par with Corsair’s, NZXT’s, et al AIO closed loop water coolers.

xeromist
Thank you. And the ref link in your other post please.

As yet I have not seen a review on the new coolers. My guess is that they are based on a pretty standard existing model. The pump-on-block design is patented by Asetek so most current CLCs are either licensed from them or built by Asetek and rebranded. If that is true here then I would expect performance to be in line with similar products from other brands but aesthetically it will fit with other ASUS products and guarantee compatibility.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Thank you. And the ref link in your other post please.

As yet I have not seen a review on the new coolers. My guess is that they are based on a pretty standard existing model. The pump-on-block design is patented by Asetek so most current CLCs are either licensed from them or built by Asetek and rebranded. If that is true here then I would expect performance to be in line with similar products from other brands but aesthetically it will fit with other ASUS products and guarantee compatibility.

Done and thanks for throwing light on these new coolers... so i must not expect much significant performance upgrade with these.. i can understand that they will compatible with ASUS mobos and cases but what about compatibility with my Phanteks case.. any idea?

xeromist
I wouldn't expect any case compatibility issues. Mounting for fans & radiators is standardized. The only thing I know people have complained about is compatibility between different RGB lighting systems. Plain RGB strips should be controllable in general but I know people have had issues with syncing an RGB mouse with case lighting, for instance.