cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCCIO and VCCSA voltage close to LN2 values on AUTO with LN2 mode disabled - HERO

xator
Level 8
Hi there,

I'm trying to undervolt my 8700k + Maximus X Hero, because this system goes crazy on voltage, and I've come across something weird:

Having LN2 Mode disabled, and most of the settings AUTO, gives me VCCIO and VCCSA values of LN2 mode (or closer):

LN2 mode is disabled:

As you can see, i haven't XMP selected either.

Here are the auto values:

It's not a visual bug, HWinfo also reports this high values:

Anyone having the same issue? Please ASUS, say something 😞
1 REPLY 1

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Hi there,

the voltage is really good for 32 GB. Would be far higher with 3200 instead of the measly 2400 you are running.
The LN2 stats you are referring to are no reason to think that your rig runs hot.
32Gb always stresses the system.

.. I hope i am allowed to link to an asus article on the edge up site:
https://edgeup.asus.com/2017/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/3/?_ga=2.265742730.40664915.1530662268-870...

In the middle of the article is an overview about VCCIO and system agent voltages in relation to the RAM beeing used.

Anything above 1.25 is high and will be marked with purple color in your Bios.

I run VCCIO at 1.2 and System Agent at 1.175 with just 16Gb.

I did try a lot of voltage variations until i came up with the numbers above.

I used Cinebench to find my personal sweet spot.

I do not recommend my stats. Kindly do the works and find your own sweet spot.

XMP in itself is an overclock setting and will not run with JEDEC standards (DDR4-2133) mentioned als standard voltage values in the Bios .
Thats why your values have been overclocked by simply choosing "XMP" to the values you are now worried about.

If you like you can run your RAM @2133 and with voltage values pretty close to "standard". Or at least they should run with them 😉

Rgds
Carlyle

Nevermind my shady explanation. There are at least two better articles in this very forum abut this.