cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal - ASUS TURBO-GTX1070-8G

Autumn_Starligh
Level 7
I recently got an ASUS TURBO-GTX1070-8G, but it's not pushing a signal to any of my displays. I got it secondhand from a friend, and he had the same problem with it. When I turn the PC on with the GPU installed, the fan and lights activate as well, so I know it's not bricked. It's at least somewhat capable of pushing a signal to one of my monitors, because when I have it seated in my motherboard, but not connected to power, it properly shows the error message warning me to shut down the PC and plug it into the PSU.

When I have it seated and connected to power, but have the HDMI plugged into the motherboard, the computer of course boots up with the onboard graphics, but when I load the UEFI, it doesn't register the GPU as even connected, even though its lights and fans are running. Needless to say, it doesn't show up in Device Manager in this state, either. On the other hand, when I turn on the PC and then plug the HDMI into the motherboard, nothing happens; the lights and fans spin up, but the displays never turn on.

Until I can get this GTX1070 to work, I've got two EVGA 660 Ti cards SLI'd together that work just fine.
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
Force the BIOS to disable onboard graphics and use PCIe instead. Perhaps that will do the trick.
Davemon50

On checking the UEFI, the default graphics adapter is already set to PCIe. To clarify my original post, it only defers to the onboard graphics as long as I already have my HDMI display already connected to the motherboard when I turn the PC on. If everything's plugged into the GPU when I turn it on instead, there's no signal at all, even if I move the HDMI cable from the GPU to the motherboard. Also, neither of the two HDMI nor DisplayPort sockets will draw a signal.

stewart_1
Level 8
If the card will not output a signal and either detected on two systems, it may simply be in need of repair or replacement.

You can contact your nearest service center for RMA advice: https://www.asus.com/us/support/Service-Center/USA

Worldwide RMA Guide: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4813-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide