cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Multicore Enhancement Causing BSOD's?

Pervy_Jutsu
Level 7
I have recently had issues where my computer will randomly BSOD (it is throwing the same exact BSOD error every time which is "KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR").

I was OC'd at the time (it was stable in all tests I did @ 4.8 ghz all cores, DDR4-4133 mhz) but I removed the OC anyways and went back to stock settings to see if I still got the random BSOD (removed the OC on both CPU and RAM). RAM defaults to 2133 mhz at stock settings. To my surprise I got the BSOD even at default settings. I then noticed Asus Multicore Enhancement is on by default and figured I would try turning it off. After turning off Asus Multicore Enhancement I have gone 3-4 days now without a single BSOD...

Anyone else ever had an issue with the Multicore Enhancement setting?

I am running the Maximus Hero X Wi-Fi board with an 8700k and 16GB of G.Skill Trident Z RAM (DDR4-4133 mhz).
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Hard to call it the culprit. Part of the equation definitely....
Have you tried it optomized defaults?
Have you dialed back your memory or upped any voltages?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Hard to call it the culprit. Part of the equation definitely....
Have you tried it optomized defaults?
Have you dialed back your memory or upped any voltages?

Still happened with optimized default settings. I had to turn off Asus Multicore Enhancement to stop the BSOD's which is kind of making me think that was the problem.

It has only been 3-4 days but I guess I will wait longer to see if any BSOD pops up again.

Raja
Level 13
THe MCE option syncs all cores at the Turbo frequency when the processor goes into load state (assuming SpeedStep is enabled). It is an overclocked configuration, and there are some weak CPUs that dont have sufficient margin with stock Vcore to be stable in that scenario. If you want to use it, you'll probably need to tune Vcore.