cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert multiple sources !?

adamr
Level 7
is it possible to have say a GPU source and a CPU source control a single or channel of fans ?

So basically when i game the chassis fans ramp up (GPU source) ... when im number crunching (CPU source) my chassis fans ramp up?
Maximus XI Formula - 9900K - Razer Viper Ultimate - Corsair K70 LP - 970PRO NVMe - SSD 850 Evo - 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro - Phanteks Evolv X - Asus ROG Strix OC 3080 Ti - Corsair H115i Platinum - AX1200i PSU
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
Well I know the RVE10 allows, but not sure about the RVE. I have an option in my RVE10 BIOS to control from multiple sources. I also run AI Suite so I can control from there too. My case fans ramp up/down to meet the cooling loads of worst case CPU, GPU, MB and I'm guessing that's what you want to do. "Optimize All" on your fans first (in BIOS), or in AI Suite have it configure your fans first to recognize all of them (fan tuning), then see if you have the option for multiple controlling temperature source, in either thte BIOS or AI Suite.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Well I know the RVE10 allows, but not sure about the RVE. I have an option in my RVE10 BIOS to control from multiple sources. I also run AI Suite so I can control from there too. My case fans ramp up/down to meet the cooling loads of worst case CPU, GPU, MB and I'm guessing that's what you want to do. "Optimize All" on your fans first (in BIOS), or in AI Suite have it configure your fans first to recognize all of them (fan tuning), then see if you have the option for multiple controlling temperature source, in either thte BIOS or AI Suite.

that's exactly what I want to do ramp up worst case ... Be it CPU or GPU

Yeah installed ai suite it and don't see the option to control via GPU source in the bios or in the software ... even though i have strix GPUs [emoji20]
Maximus XI Formula - 9900K - Razer Viper Ultimate - Corsair K70 LP - 970PRO NVMe - SSD 850 Evo - 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro - Phanteks Evolv X - Asus ROG Strix OC 3080 Ti - Corsair H115i Platinum - AX1200i PSU

EdNovak
Level 7
It's kind of a brute force option but if your MB supports a temp sensor, you can place the sensor on the GPU and the temp sensor will show up in fan control. I use this approach to monitor my M.2 drive and it works fine.

EdNovak wrote:
It's kind of a brute force option but if your MB supports a temp sensor, you can place the sensor on the GPU and the temp sensor will show up in fan control. I use this approach to monitor my M.2 drive and it works fine.

Decided to buy a software tool called argus monitor. Works fine to control my chassis fans based on GPU temps. So for now will do...

Why on earth Asus can't enable this functionality in their software boggles me

adamr
Level 7
Still gobsmacked why with an Asus strix card I can't see my GPU temps as a source. Thought fan expert 4 automatically sees my GPU temps if they are an Asus brand