cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AIO cooler on Asus motherboard. CPU fan to FULL and not Auto/QFan/PWM?

Gold333
Level 7
I have a Cooler Master ML240R connected to an Asus Maximus X Apex.

The Pump is connected to AIO_PUMP socket socket.

Both radiator fans (using a splitter) are connected to CPU_FAN plug socket.

This is like the manual describes.

In the bios I did:

QFan Control (F6) -> QFan Tuning -> Optimize all

And saved and restarted (It said Setting QFans Auto -> PWM mode).

Now I am reading in various forums that you have to set one of the sockets AIO_PUMP or CPU_FAN to full speed instead of QFan/Auto/PWM for the pump to work correctly. Or else it will start to cavitate and create a strange noice because of air bubbles.

Is this correct?
4 REPLIES 4

Gold333
Level 7
Gold333 wrote:
I have a Cooler Master ML240R connected to an Asus Maximus X Apex.

The Pump is connected to AIO_PUMP socket socket.

Both radiator fans (using a splitter) are connected to CPU_FAN plug socket.

This is like the manual describes.

In the bios I did:

QFan Control (F6) -> QFan Tuning -> Optimize all

And saved and restarted (It said Setting QFans Auto -> PWM mode).

Now I am reading in various forums that you have to set one of the sockets AIO_PUMP or CPU_FAN to full speed instead of QFan/Auto/PWM for the pump to work correctly. Or else it will start to cavitate and create a strange noice because of air bubbles.

Is this correct?

The mods can delete this thread. I realised that the motherboard sets the AIO input to DC mode and full power automatically.

Gold333 wrote:
The mods can delete this thread. I realised that the motherboard sets the AIO input to DC mode and full power automatically.

Just incase you haven't heard, you can also enable AIO pump header control under the Qfan control settings in advanced mode BIOS. That way you can set a curve or something if you dont want the pump at 100% all the time 🙂

Zammin wrote:
Just incase you haven't heard, you can also enable AIO pump header control under the Qfan control settings in advanced mode BIOS. That way you can set a curve or something if you dont want the pump at 100% all the time 🙂

Thanks,

But I thought the only way to have the AIO pump work as designed was to set it at 100% in the Qfan?

I mean that's what the board defaults to setting it at itself.

Gold333 wrote:
Thanks,

But I thought the only way to have the AIO pump work as designed was to set it at 100% in the Qfan?

I mean that's what the board defaults to setting it at itself.

Yeah that's the default setting, you can unlock control and set it to however you like though. You could probably set a curve. I don't know about cooler master but corsairs AIOs are controlled through software and they have various pump speeds. I ran mine at 100% but I guess what I'm saying is if you do want a different speed you can do that.