I had a new build last week consist of

Cpu: ryzen 7 2700x
Mobo: asus crosshair vii hero wifi
gpu: 2x asus strix gtx 1080ti
ram: g.skill trident z rgb 3200mhz 8gb x2
psu: evga supernova p2 850w
ssd: samsung 960 evo 250gb m2 nvem
hdd: barracuda 3tb

when i first install, i had the problem with Q-Led showing 58 and White Q-Led, so i did lot of random stuffs like remove cmos battery, remove all hardware, change ram positions and many things, that night it works, pc went fine, played some games for days

a week later, same issue happening again, i didnt touch on bios configuration, everything as per default.

so now the mobo stuck at Q-Code of 58 and Q-Led White

whats the issue here
11 REPLIES 11

Lightbringer
Level 7
Xenophic wrote:
I had a new build last week consist of

Cpu: ryzen 7 2700x
Mobo: asus crosshair vii hero wifi
gpu: 2x asus strix gtx 1080ti
ram: g.skill trident z rgb 3200mhz 8gb x2
psu: evga supernova p2 850w
ssd: samsung 960 evo 250gb m2 nvem
hdd: barracuda 3tb

when i first install, i had the problem with Q-Led showing 58 and White Q-Led, so i did lot of random stuffs like remove cmos battery, remove all hardware, change ram positions and many things, that night it works, pc went fine, played some games for days

a week later, same issue happening again, i didnt touch on bios configuration, everything as per default.

whats the issue here

hi,

could be lots of things.
First thing i am seeing that your PSU might be a bit on the low side to fire 2 1080Ti's.

can you try a different (stronger) PSU or remove 1 1080Ti?

Lightbringer wrote:
hi,

could be lots of things.
First thing i am seeing that your PSU might be a bit on the low side to fire 2 1080Ti's.

can you try a different (stronger) PSU or remove 1 1080Ti?

I did, same thing.

I even tried my old card gtx 780, still same issue

Can you drop a dump of your bios settings?

Also, since you have so much options to swap out stuff try eliminating hardware problems. Run with one 1080ti for a little while, and then swap to the other one once proven. Run with one memory stick, also in different slots.

syldon wrote:
Can you drop a dump of your bios settings?

Also, since you have so much options to swap out stuff try eliminating hardware problems. Run with one 1080ti for a little while, and then swap to the other one once proven. Run with one memory stick, also in different slots.

How can i see bios ? Pc wont even boot up, no display, stuck at POST.

I sent the pc to local shop for them to figure out

syldon
Level 9
Xenophic wrote:

whats the issue here

Your original post gave me the impression it was an erratic problem. Because you said "a week later". I assumed that you had it working for a little while.

Qcode 58 is CPU initialisation failure. You would most likely get this error with all other hardware removed, since it is early on the boot priority sequence.

The only fix is check your CPU for bent pins, security etc.

Reflash the bios using a safe flashback method. That means remove all components from the board. Remove the power cable. Reset bios to default by removing the Cmos battery for five minutes with the power cable out. Flashback one time, and reset bios to defaults by removing the battery
again
. Flashback a second time.

If this did not cure your issue then it is a board RMA.

I can see you have thrown it back to the shop anyways. This was just for information only.

syldon wrote:
Your original post gave me the impression it was an erratic problem. Because you said "a week later". I assumed that you had it working for a little while.

Qcode 58 is CPU initialisation failure. You would most likely get this error with all other hardware removed, since it is early on the boot priority sequence.

Reflash the bios using a safe flashback method. That means remove all components from the board. Remove the power cable. Reset bios to default by removing the Cmos battery for five minutes with the power cable out. Flashback one time, and reset bios to defaults by removing the battery
again

I can see you have thrown it back to the shop anyways. This was just for information only.

Will try that method cause that was what i did the first time when it didnt work, then it works for a week before it happens again, then i just sent to shop but unlucky they dont have ryzen board to test the cpu but they confirmed gpu and ram is healthy, so i taking the pc back

will update again

syldon wrote:

again

No luck 😞 even i flashback using old and latest firmware also cannot work

Xenophic wrote:
No luck 😞 even i flashback using old and latest firmware also cannot work

I had similar issues with a CH6 when they were first released. That is the advice I received from their tech support. This advice has been repeated on a few forums now also.

I would contact Asus tech support. If you explain what you have done, and what errors you are receiving, they should advice you to RMA the board and the CPU. It could be either of those two. My money would be on a bad board, since all the posts I have read regarding that error have pointed to the board.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Check for bent pins and/or PCB corners on CPU curled up from too much torque on heat sink mounting screws.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein