cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get RAM to 3200 (rated speed on box) 64GB, 4 sticks

Sedare
Level 8
Hi,

I cannot get my G.Skill Trident Z RGB ram to 3200MHz. DOCP doesn't work (windows just blue screens). Manual doesn't work. Nothing really does. It's CL14 RAM so I assume B-Die?

Model: F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
Newegg link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232560

I'm running the latest BIOS and latest drivers for everything. It's a fresh Windows install as well. I have been able to get 3066 and 3133 speeds to work; although, the latter tends to be not the most stable in terms of running Prime95 tests, constant rounding .5 from .4 errors or whatever.

At this point, I'm not sure if the MOBO is bad or the RAM or what. I'd just be happy to have 3200 stable before I add the waterblock so I can OC the CPU some.

Any help would be great and let me know if you need me to add some screen shots of anything.

Thanks
36 REPLIES 36

jpmboy
Level 9
what MB, CPU... etc. You are combining 2 ram kits - right?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98041-Understanding-and-using-XMP

and Raja has a thread in this forum with additional info on mixed/combined kits.

Sedare
Level 8
I’ve got the crosshair VII hero. Sorry forgot to mention that part. Cpu is 2700x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Sedare
Level 8
I tried manually as well using the speed, timings, and voltage leaving everything else auto. I've also used the RAM calculator to do the real specific tuning as well but nothing works. Maybe I just can't have 64GB of RAM at 3200 speed. May have to sell the kits and settle on a single 32gb kit that is AMD specific. I'm not sure what else to do.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What kind of SA volts have you tried? Have you tried bumping DRAM voltage a touch..1.36...1.37

Rob_W_
Level 12
Each kit will have sequential numbers, so what Arne is saying is just try one of the kits, as you will find it difficult to run the two kits together.
And yes, try setting it manual .*

Sedare
Level 8
Cool. I'll try one kit at a time to see what happens. Also, and excuse my ignorance, what are SA volts?

Rob_W_
Level 12
SA volts= System agent, you may need to tweak this voltage ( I’m not sure what’s best for the hero) I’m sure someone will help if you have problems there.

Confirmed with the other 2 sticks as well. So 1st and 3rd slots are not overclocking while the 2nd and 4th ones are. 😞