cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb charger plus not working

darkcypsyan
Level 7
heya,
i've just installed a fresh windows10 on a SSD to remplace the original HDD on my FX53VD i just got.
everything was fine until i started using the USB charger + software, it was working while using the original windows10 on the HDD but not anymore (been using the same usb port as before).
the asus support can't seems to help me as they asked for the laptop to be return to an Asus center (and of course there is none in my country and i don't want to ship it oversea and wait for weeks (slow post office here)).

does anyone has an idea as to why this software don't work?

at the same time but lot less important is that the windows store say that my device is not compatible to install Asus Giftbox 😕

thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Samadri
Level 7
darkcypsyan wrote:
heya,
i've just installed a fresh windows10 on a SSD to remplace the original HDD on my FX53VD i just got.
everything was fine until i started using the USB charger + software, it was working while using the original windows10 on the HDD but not anymore (been using the same usb port as before).
the asus support can't seems to help me as they asked for the laptop to be return to an Asus center (and of course there is none in my country and i don't want to ship it oversea and wait for weeks (slow post office here)).

at the same time but lot less important is that the windows store say that my device is not compatible to install Asus Giftbox 😕

thanks

I have excatly the same problem of you, after at least 10 mails sent to the Asus support to explain several times the problem, they ask me to send the computer. I told them that I think it's software problem and not hardware but they don't seems to acknoledge the problem.
I have an Asus UX430 with the latest windows 10 1803 (this major update break the USB Charger plus).

I don't know what to do, wait for a fix or send my laptop?

I found discussion about this on this website too, so it's a knew problem (search for USB charger):
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/05/01/all-the-issues-of-windows-10-version-1803-you-may-run-into/

luisjsd
Level 7
darkcypsyan wrote:
heya,

thanks

I have fix that problem installing the ASUS USB Charger Plus Service 5.0.4, donwloaded from that site: https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/ . I downloaded, from Microsoft Store, the USB Charger Plus utility (from ASUSTeK Computer) at the same time.

I don´t know if it is working because I have downloaded both utilities or if just that v5.0.4 works. I preffer don't try to find out.

Hope you all can fix that guys.

luisjsd wrote:
I have fix that problem installing the ASUS USB Charger Plus Service 5.0.4, donwloaded from that site: https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/ . I downloaded, from Microsoft Store, the USB Charger Plus utility (from ASUSTeK Computer) at the same time.

I don´t know if it is working because I have downloaded both utilities or if just that v5.0.4 works. I preffer don't try to find out.

Hope you all can fix that guys.

Thanks men, it's worked for me too!! Strange because I had already try this solution but it's wasn't working before.

well, still no luck for me, actually i realized it was due to an update since even my original installation provided by asus finally had the problem few days later so the problem obviously come from a lack in the usb charger update :/.

i stopped coming here because i finally lost all hope in this when asus told me that they didn't know about it while it was already reported by others and i don't have any asus center in my country so, sending by mail a notebook i bought 3 days before would make me kind of crazy (if having a bug 3 days after buying it is not enough...)

strerd
Level 7

I have the same problem. USB Charger + has a 'problem with the installer' in Task Manager. I can't get into the program to delete it. Please help!

2f880846-8813-4544-9731-267712d53ca8.jpg

 *edit: I want to completeley remove it.

2nd edit: used Revo uninstaller to remove it