cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GE Normal Temperature Range?

crewfan69
Level 7
Hello,

What is the normal temperature range for the ROG Strix GL703GE Scar Edition? I've had my laptop for a month and noticed what I consider very high temps. Using Core Temp, the max reached during a game session was 93 C. Tj Max is 100 C so I gather that is pretty close to the danger zone. I only saw it that high once in the first week of use. Since then I usually get high temps in the mid to upper 80's. The highest ambient air temp of the room is 26 C. If this is not normal, I will contact ASUS support. TIA
5 REPLIES 5

matau
Level 9
Hi crewfan69 i strongly recommend you to check this thread.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89061-GL702VM-amp-similar-Solution-to-Performance-issues-O...

I have similar to your setup gl703GS (not GE) but i guess they are the same. Check my last comment on the thread and then go to first post
to make your adjustments.

Cheerio

Thanks for the reply, matau. I tried Afterburner the first day of use as that is my go-to tool for GPU/system monitoring in games. On this system i cannot get the RivaTuner server to work. It will launch after a few moments then close.

matau
Level 9
That is weird, maybe try to pre-install window and install the newest version. It should work just like charm. What video card do you have?
Mine is gtx1070 and afterburner and rivatuner work like charm, only the voltage section in the interface is staying at 0 always but i have other way to check voltage.

Not sure why Riva won't run. I do have ASUS GPU Tweak II installed so maybe there is a conflict or it is something else. I used the Intel XTU tool and got the voltage down by 100. One-hundred fifty is no go, bsod alley with that setting:D That's all I've done and temps are in the mid to low 70's during gaming now.

My system has a GTX 1050 Ti, 4 Gb vram.

And on the fourth try, Afterburner and Riva are working now. Weird.