cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Multicore Enhancement

Jayfort13
Level 7
Hi,
I was looking to disable Multicore Enhancement, but I could not find the Asus Multicore Enhancement under Ai Tweaker. Instead, there's CPU Power Enhancement.
Are they the same thing, just labeled differently? Should I also disable XMP? I'm using a B360-G, btw.

Would appreciate your advice/help. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

F0x135
Level 7
B360 is a non-enthusiast board and thus overclocking features such as MCE isn't available.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1603-intel-b360-chipset/

So no need to turn it off then!

Hi. Thanks for the reply.
I see. I might just leave it on auto then. I still wonder what CPU Power Enhancement does, tho (if it's something similar to MCE).
I couldn't find anything on google.

Jayfort13 wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the reply.
I see. I might just leave it on auto then. I still wonder what CPU Power Enhancement does, tho (if it's something similar to MCE).
I couldn't find anything on google.

Read your manual, mate.

MoKiChU wrote:
He is right, this feature does not appear on the manual (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_STRIX-B360-G_GAMING/E13783_ROG_STRIX_B360-G_GAMING_U...) :

Yes, there's no information regarding "cpu power enhancement (not management)" in the manual. That's why I'm asking, since there is that option under ai tweaker but I couldn't find anything regarding that elsewhere.

Sorry to revive a very old thread, but nobody was capable of giving the author a proper answer.

CPU Power Enhancement is INDEED the same as Multi Core Enhancement. They both stretch the default power limits of the CPU and bend the rules alowing all cores work simultaneously on the turbo frequencies. This has been mentioned on Jay-Z's channel and many others.

I have an Asus Prime H370 board and an i9 9900k, it has this setting and it's clear when enabling it (setting to Auto) that all cores jump together to the turbo frequency and the voltages and temperatures rise much more. Since I'm on air cooling, I use it disabled, and honestly, I still don't need to overclock my CPU.

Nothing to do with it being an "enthusiast board".