cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected shutdowns upon starting up my laptop from sleep mode.

Ulrika88
Level 7
I don't know if this is the right subforum.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL702VS/specifications/ This is my pc.

I have been having two issues: one is when I play Elder Scrolls Online the game overheats but when I play other games such as Rising Storm 2 and Company of Heroes 2 it doesn't overheat or it does to a much lower extent. I can feel the heat above the keyboard and I have a app called "whysoslow? which told me I got temperatures over 90C when I was playing ESO. I have not seen any overheating symptoms so it may just be my graphics card or the fact I use max settings but I would like your input here.

Now the more pressing concern is that after like a week or so my pc will shut down when I lift the lid up to open it. It is in sleep mode. Before this thing happens my pc displays no red flags or malfunctions whatsoever. Even worse the last two times it did it there were no memory dump files. The first time there was a memory dump file and it mentioned watchdog and some other driver I can't remember for sure right now. (probably dxgmms2.sys ) Therefore I updated my nividia driver but this issue keeps occurring. How do I make it so that it creates memory bumps again AND ultimately fix the aforementioned problem?

From my event log:

"Crash dump initialization failed!"

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Edit: I use Windows 10
0 REPLIES 0