Ryzen7 2700x
crosshair vii hero x470
g. skill tridentz ddr 3466
strix r9 390
seasonic snow silent 750w
windows 8.1
wd black 1tb hdd
wd blue 250gb ssd

installed my new mobo/cpu/ram on friday, and forgot to update bios 0702 before starting, loaded windows fine. loaded bios through flashdrive the next day but still can't get on the internet or run duel monitors or anything. DM has exclamations on all the pci ports and the ethernet connector and when I put the disk that came with the mobo in and run it, it says "motherboard cd does not support this operating system". so I don't know what to do I've reset the modem, disconnected and reconnected the ethernet, typed in some command prompt stuff, none of it works.
3 REPLIES 3

mororentilsson
Level 7
jesus chirst. I see, ryzen doesn't support 8.1. I can't believe I have to get windows 10.

Welcome to the club...

I had to install this creepy W10...

OFF:
There is a way to install and put the loved W7 working...check on internet...

enemi74
Level 7
mororentilsson wrote:
Ryzen7 2700x
crosshair vii hero x470
g. skill tridentz ddr 3466
strix r9 390
seasonic snow silent 750w
windows 8.1
wd black 1tb hdd
wd blue 250gb ssd

installed my new mobo/cpu/ram on friday, and forgot to update bios 0702 before starting, loaded windows fine. loaded bios through flashdrive the next day but still can't get on the internet or run duel monitors or anything. DM has exclamations on all the pci ports and the ethernet connector and when I put the disk that came with the mobo in and run it, it says "motherboard cd does not support this operating system". so I don't know what to do I've reset the modem, disconnected and reconnected the ethernet, typed in some command prompt stuff, none of it works.

Try this solution.

wufuc disables the "Unsupported Hardware" message in Windows Update allowing you to continue installing updates on Windows 7 and 8.1 systems with AMD Ryzen, Intel Kaby Lake, or other unsupported processors . Download http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wufuc.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/disable_the_unsupported_hardware_message_in_windows_update.ht...