Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

dead mobo after 1602 update via flash utility

hello! i have upgraded my Bios before using all the methods available, Returned a maximus hero thinking it was the MOBO when i got a dead 8700k through amazon. thinking i had terrbile luck i got my replacement board and intel refunded what i payed for my 8700k. things went smoothly since december 2017. OC's to 5.3ghz (-2AVX) 1.440 Vcore (credits to menthols' settings and patience), 3200mhz ram, prime95 tested for 24 hours. sadly after doing BIOS updates: 0802, 1003, 1101,1301,1401 (using internet through ethernet with temp cable and USB method for the last two.) my luck seeemed to run out. I tried using the revert bios with the light blinking indicating success would always get error code 22 regardless of what i do. swapped all the ramsticks to have 1 at a time each try, tried different brand. Everything was working fine before the failed bios update, i used the flash utility to try and upgrade but it died after it turned off. cant get into bios, cant revert bios etc. I have bought another MOBO and am waiting for it to come. . Just a heads up to everyone STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN FROM THIS BIOS UPDATE 1602.
    Last edited by G_A_B_O_; 07-13-2018 at 04:16 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zammin PC Specs
    Zammin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel 9900K (Conductonaut Applied)
    Memory (part number)G Skill 3200Mhz Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 600
    Headset Astro A50 (Gen 2)
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305 Mk II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol View Post
    This is the first bios that the Raja 4133 preset wouldn't boot on the Apex for me.
    One of the reasons I prefer the Extreme or Apex boards there are more memory presets in the bios, some very high voltage for LN2 use but last couple models Raja included a very good preset for high speed, tight timing, daily use, worth the price of the board to me
    That's pretty cool actually, do you know if the MX Code has Raja's RAM presets as well?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyflyer View Post
    Bro....just some food for thought....these forums are designed to help and inform other members with issues they may be experiencing or just to ask general questions....it's how we all learn and better our systems performance....that being said...suggest if you can't behave as an adult then take your comments elsewhere as such behavior is not welcomed on this forum nor any other forum.....I think I speak for every member here!!......CRJ84....ask all the questions you want...
    Thank you

ROG Member Array

@Asus Please update the Chipset drivers on the support page. Thanks.

ROG Member Array

There is thoughtful insights here...and also an insane amount of wtf.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by eltoon View Post
    @Asus Please update the Chipset drivers on the support page. Thanks.
    Chipset "drivers" are among the least important aspects of keeping your PC up to date.

If you are in actual need of an up to date set with any unknown devices in Device Manager that you haven't been able to find a driver for, the latest pack here can help. I would suggest getting the manual install for CoffeeLake chipset if necessary to avoid unnecessary bloat.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Double Post

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by G_A_B_O_ View Post
    hello! i have upgraded my Bios before using all the methods available, Returned a maximus hero thinking it was the MOBO when i got a dead 8700k through amazon. thinking i had terrbile luck i got my replacement board and intel refunded what i payed for my 8700k. things went smoothly since december 2017. OC's to 5.3ghz (-2AVX) 1.440 Vcore (credits to menthols' settings and patience), 3200mhz ram, prime95 tested for 24 hours. sadly after doing BIOS updates: 0802, 1003, 1101,1301,1401 (using internet through ethernet with temp cable and USB method for the last two.) my luck seeemed to run out. I tried using the revert bios with the light blinking indicating success would always get error code 22 regardless of what i do. swapped all the ramsticks to have 1 at a time each try, tried different brand. Everything was working fine before the failed bios update, i used the flash utility to try and upgrade but it died after it turned off. cant get into bios, cant revert bios etc. I have bought another MOBO and am waiting for it to come. . Just a heads up to everyone STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN FROM THIS BIOS UPDATE 1602.
    Should we stay away from Bios 1602 wich is working fine.....or should we ignore your post? Failed bios? You made an error updating BIOS and now you are blaming ASUS for your error.

Post edited. Keep it friendly guys. Stay passionate, less hostility and mockery, please. Thanks.
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 07-16-2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Keep it friendly guys. Stay passionate, less hostility and mockery, please.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emsir View Post
    Should we stay away from Bios 1602 wich is working fine.....or should we ignore your post? Failed bios? You made an error updaring BIOS and now you are blaming ASUS for your error. That's hillarious!
    If you don't know how to update BIOS, let someone who knows how to do it, help you.

Think about what you have done.....Returned a Maximus Hero, THINKING it was the MOBO......Have you ever thought about maybe the problem is YOU? Now you have waisted ASUS time and money, thinking ASUS was the problem. Next you think Intel is the problem.......You are a pain in the as*.
    Bro...think you have previously been warned about the context in your posts...If. you have nothing meaningful to post ...suggest you don't and therefore keep your belittling comments to yourself....
    Suggest a moderator to ban this individual from further postings
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Deepcuts PC Specs
    Deepcuts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X HERO
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3466C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB
    Sound CardCreative Omni 5.1 USB
    MonitorDell 24'
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 960 nvme 500 GB
    Storage #2Seagate NAS 4 TBx3/Samsung EVO 950 SATA 250 GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi760
    Keyboard Razer DeathStalker Chroma
    Mouse Razer Abyssus
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterIPFire

Updated to 1602. No problems that I can see.

Off topic:
    Don't waste your time with emsir.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast