G75VW Rebuild won't install Windows 10 Home - [SOLVED]

Greetings ROGers,

I recently started experimenting with BIOS changes on my old G75VW. Before I started, I had everything backed up, etc. I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 without any problems and created a back up image and bootable USB install as well. Then I started playing around with the BIOS and hardware. I flashed the vBIOS with that of an 880GTX and swapped in the 880. It didn't boot, no power, no nothing. So, I reinserted the 670, rebooted the machine and reflashed the BIOS with my backup. It booted to the desktop but was EXTREMELY slow. I was getting about 1 frame per 15 seconds on the desktop. I attempted to do a system repair and it could not repair Windows. So then I tried a restore from windows and it just hung on the restore. I then attempted a repair from the setup USB and again it could not repair Windows. I tried a reinstall of Windows from setup. I then wiped out the installation, deleted the partitions, reformatted the SSD using Rufus and created a new bootable USB drive with an authentic ISO image (the media tool from Microsoft continued to encounter a problem so I went with Rufus). So now, started with a clean install, the setup image fails to install Windows. This is where I am:

0x80190001 An unexpected error was encountered while attempting to download files required for upgrade.

Which is strange because I have attempted this while wired to my network during install and the image was downloaded from a working computer connected to the internet. I have combed through forums looking for a solution to this but I am stuck. I think it may have something to do with the Intel 8265 5.0 Wifi card since that requires a different set up drivers not included in Win10. Is that the issue or am I missing something else?

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by DragonSource; 07-11-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: updated

Answered my own question...

It appears as though the ribbon connecting one of my drive bays has been damaged either through age or my attempts to perform surgery on it. When I use the drive in the second drive bay, it works fine. Hopefully, my mistake will help someone else...