cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Not Replacing New Faulty ROG Laptop (GL502VM)

lipitive
Level 7
I bought a laptop GL502VM on 19th of June, 2018 (through an online e-commerce) and it got delivered to me on 24th of June.

Now as I am not that technical person I was not aware of what things I should take care after instantly receiving my laptop but after 5-7 days of use, I noticed that the laptop was getting super heated after just casual use or casual gaming.

Asked some of my friends about the issue, searched online and then came to know that we can check the temps of CPU and as well as GPU using Asus Gaming center.
I checked them and the CPU temps were 98 and 99 degree. And I found that these temps were really high and their must be some serious issues with my laptop.

I raised support request on ASUS service center on 5th of July (within 10 days almost) and intimated them about the issue which they handled by first making me resetting the laptop to factory reset (formatted you can say) and then when the issue was still not resolved, they arranged pick up from my house.

Now I got call from the service center guy that the laptop have serious hardware issue as its power socket in the motherboard to its fan is not working, one of the laptop fan is also not working. He advised me that he will now order new sockets or whatever I did not understand from Mumbai and I can expect the laptop to be repaired within 7-8 days.

Now my question is after paying a whooping Rs.1,20,000/- (USD $1750 due to taxes in India), how can ASUS can expect me to accept a repaired product from them in which it is already being proved that the laptop was faulty from the very first day I received it. I am a hardcore ASUS buyer as in my last 10 years of history, I bought near about 4-5 laptops and as well as 3-4 motherboard from ASUS and never was that disappointed with the service. And that was the only reason I chose ASUS for buying my first gaming laptop and this is what I received in return.

I totally believe that I deserve a replaced new laptop as the product was manufacturing defected and if I accept repaired one, then I don't think their is any difference between the NEW and MANUFACTURING REFURBISHED products (which I could get in almost 60% of its price). I am not at all satisfied with the service yet received as they want me to accept the repaired product which I not at all deserved.

Complaint Numbers :

A180726353 (5th July, 2018)
A180728291 (6th July, 2018)
A180729211 (6th July, 2018)
A180735503
A180742970 (9th July, 2018)
A180751502 (10th July, 2018) Latest One.

Hope I will get some help here.

Regards,
Rajat Samdani
21 REPLIES 21

xeromist
lipitive wrote:
Now my question is after paying a whooping Rs.1,20,000/- (USD $1750 due to taxes in India), how can ASUS can expect me to accept a repaired product from them in which it is already being proved that the laptop was faulty from the very first day I received it.

This is the way that warranties work. ASUS will repair the product you purchased. Only in the case of a total failure would ASUS replace your item with a similar item and that may either be new or refurbished depending on what is available at the service center.

The only way to guarantee a brand new replacement is to exchange it at the store where you purchased it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
This is the way that warranties work. ASUS will repair the product you purchased. Only in the case of a total failure would ASUS replace your item with a similar item and that may either be new or refurbished depending on what is available at the service center.

The only way to guarantee a brand new replacement is to exchange it at the store where you purchased it.

So according to you, if anyone buy any product from Asus, then Asus is not responsible for its manufacturing defects? ASUS want us to accept the repaired opened laptop even after paying in full for the product. I don't think things work like this in our nation. I will definitely take this case to higher authorities where I can get help.

And btw, I bought the product from ASUS authorised seller on PAYTM only. Not from any local store. ASUS itself selling its product on PAYTM.com in India.

Thanks.
Rajat Samdani

lipitive wrote:
So according to you, if anyone buy any product from Asus, then Asus is not responsible for its manufacturing defects? ASUS want us to accept the repaired opened laptop even after paying in full for the product. I don't think things work like this in our nation. I will definitely take this case to higher authorities where I can get help.

And btw, I bought the product from ASUS authorised seller on PAYTM only. Not from any local store. ASUS itself selling its product on PAYTM.com in India.

Thanks.
Rajat Samdani

Hello

Not just ASUS. This is how warranties work for most any product. As noted above if you wanted a replacement rather than repair the point of contact should have been the place of purchase not the manufacturer.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Not just ASUS. This is how warranties work for most any product. As noted above if you wanted a replacement rather than repair the point of contact should have been the place of purchase not the manufacturer.

As I mentioned earlier also, that I bought the product from Asus authorized distributor only from an e-commerce platform where I can not find any option to replace or return the product.

Also, ASUS is responsible for the manufacturing defects, not any distributor, at last ASUS is making them not any seller.

Thanks for the advice btw.
Regards,
Rajat Samdani

lipitive wrote:
So according to you, if anyone buy any product from Asus, then Asus is not responsible for its manufacturing defects?

Not at all. ASUS is taking responsibility for the issue by repairing it.

Think of it in terms of other products like a car or major appliance. If you buy a car and the motor has an issue the manufacturer fixes it under warranty. They don't give you a new car anytime something goes wrong. Not only would that be incredibly wasteful, it would also make new products very expensive. Repairing defective products keeps prices affordable for customers like you and me.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Not at all. ASUS is taking responsibility for the issue by repairing it.

Think of it in terms of other products like a car or major appliance. If you buy a car and the motor has an issue the manufacturer fixes it under warranty. They don't give you a new car anytime something goes wrong. Not only would that be incredibly wasteful, it would also make new products very expensive. Repairing defective products keeps prices affordable for customers like you and me.

Sir I think their is huge difference between buying a car and buying a laptop.

In India, service center engineers are not that worthy that I can trust them that they have done their work up to the quality of ASUS.

Even the guy who visited my place was not knowing the proper knowledge of formatting/resetting the laptop and was taking my help or by calling his supervisor again and again. I don't doubt everyone's skills but as per my knowledge, I can never trust local engineers for my new laptop repairs and after paying full amount of the new product, I don't deserve a repaired product. Anyways, I have already escalated the issue with our local consumer protection department and hope I will finally get the help over their.

I would rather buy a manufacturing refurbished product instead of accepting manufacturing repaired product as I find no difference in between them.

Also, the seller was ASUS distributor only so ASUS is the only one who is responsible for the replacement of the product.

Regards,
Rajat Samdani

xeromist
I'm not talking about the price of a car which is why I mentioned domestic appliances. At least here in the US appliances can have a similar cost to laptops. All of these are complex products with multiple parts. When a part fails the manufacturer replaces the part, not the entire product. The point is that you are not being treated differently. This is standard business practice and is clearly stated in your warranty terms. If you have expectations beyond what your warranty provides then I'm not sure what to tell you. *shrug*

Anyway, I sincerely hope your RMA is completed quickly and you can resume using your machine quickly. It's a bummer when a new possession fails before you can even enjoy it.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Pretty much any warranty from a tricycle to a hot tub and everything in between state in the warranty that any item found to be defective will be repaired or replaced at the manufacturers descretion.
Every outlet that sell a product is by definition a distributor. People are just offering you alteratives. I always make sure that the return policy for any and all significant purchases is a liberal one. Cant speak for India but in the US most places will give an exchange for at least 2 weeks, some 30 days. Some places like Costco wont give you an exchange but they will give full refunds for 2 years then you can buy the same product or something else.

I hope you are able to reach a resolution:cool:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Pretty much any warranty from a tricycle to a hot tub and everything in between state in the warranty that any item found to be defective will be repaired or replaced at the manufacturers descretion.
Every outlet that sell a product is by definition a distributor. People are just offering you alteratives. I always make sure that the return policy for any and all significant purchases is a liberal one. Cant speak for India but in the US most places will give an exchange for at least 2 weeks, some 30 days. Some places like Costco wont give you an exchange but they will give full refunds for 2 years then you can buy the same product or something else.

I hope you are able to reach a resolution:cool:

Agreed and even with the Spirery1 that they should change it.

Also the latest update, now its full 1 month from my date of purchase but the laptop is still not replaced/repaired yet.

Theirs ervice center guy picked the laptop from me almost 15-20 days ago from now and few days back he came back to me saying that it has now been repaired (motherboared changed completely) and when in front of him, I again tested the laptop, it was still having same heating issues. CPU temps were going to 95 degree C and he again took it from me at the same time itself. Now again 4 days has been passed but no reply from them, I keep calling their service center but they always want me to wait and wait and wait for the whole year I think now.

Hope I could get any help, else I will have to visit consumer court here which will take kind of a longer time but will definitely resolve my issue.

Regards,
Rajat Samdani