cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V won't boot/post

Gilberto2000
Level 7
I've got some problems with my MB. They won't boot/post. I hear only two beeps and nothing happens. CPU: FX-8120, 16 GB Corsair Vengenace Memory. I think i need to update my bios. But i dont know how. I have a usb stick (FAT32) with the latest bios update.

29 REPLIES 29

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is this a new build, if yes do you have an older AMD CPU that will work in your motheboard. You will need to flash your BIOS if the BIOS in your board is older than 705.

Please download the latest BIOS and extract it to the FAT formatted USB drive install the old CPU and post into BIOS. Use EZflash2 to flash your BIOS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

And when i dont have an older CPU? What can i do?

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can use ROG connect to flash your BIOS from another PC or a Notebook. It is in your user manual by the way.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
OK just flipped through the Manual of the Crosshair 5 Formula board, are they 2 beeps, or a long one and then 2 short beeps a pause and then again? if so, this is a memory not detected problem, all you have to do is make sure you have seated the RAM properly.

Only 2 beeps. I have 4*4 GB RAM. All slots are in use.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Ok I just googled AMI BIOS beep codes and it says 2 short beeps is a Memory Parity error, caused by a bad IC(Integrated Circuit). Best thing you can do is remove all your RAM sticks and put them in one at a time and see if you can get the beeps again...one or all your sticks of RAM is faulty.

2 beeps...

How can i update my bios over ROG Connect? In the user manul stand about this nothing.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If that is indeed the case, a single stick in the furtherest slot from the CPU to boot into BIOS for the first time is recommended.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You need to have a notebook or a PC near to your system.

Install ROG connect on your notebook, or PC.

Enable the switch ROG connect. Page 2-29 manual

Connect the USB cable between the two

Open the ROG connect software

Flash the BIOS 🙂