Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with movies - Asus PG348Q Monitor vs 23,976 fps

clamatac
Level 7
Hi,

first of all sorry for my English

I have an Asus PG348Q Monitor with G-Sync and I also have a GTX 1080 TI.

Both, the monitor and 1080 TI work ok with G-Sync while gaming, however, I can not make it work while watching movies at 23,976 fps

I just only have make it work in one scenario: Kodi v16.1 but a few time later it stops working, the only way to get it back is to make a 100% clean W10 installation.

I have been searching an it seems not easy, but If it worked for a time it must be done, isn't it?

I have read that it must work with MPC-BE + MadVR but it does not work properly, g-sync turns on but the monitor refresh stays at 60 Hz.

Here a screen-shoot where you can see g-sync is on but the screen refresh keeps at 60 Hz:

Here another screen-shoot with the g-sync pendulum demo where everything works ok:

Hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Greetings
3 REPLIES 3

kkn
Level 14
it all comes down to what frames the vid have.
BD/dvd++ have around 25fps and up to 60fps if you are lucky.

Hi,

most of movies comes with 23,976 fps

What I really want is to get/put my screen to this exactly refresh, no matter if it has to be with fixed frequency or with g-sync

Greetings

clamatac
Level 7
Hi,

I am still making some test, and do not ask me why, but now, kodi, with UHD MKVs activates perfectly g-sync and it put the screen to 24 frames per second, however, it fails with 1080p MKVs.

Here is a photo with one UHD mkv:

At least now I know that I am not crazy, that yes, I had seen it before.

Greetings