cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Aura LIghtingservice lost Gskill DRAM linkup 7/11/2018

Gold333
Level 7
I believe Asus just ran an auto update and the software no longer shows the DRAM (Gskill) on the top of the window. The ram is lit up even though Aura is off.

Anyone know what happened?
3 REPLIES 3

Sprayingmango
Level 10
I'm running the latest version of Aura on my Rampage VI Extreme with G.Skill TridentZ RGB ram, it's all synced up perfetly, DRAM shows up in Aura....maybe you need to fully remove it and reinstall Aura?

Gold333
Level 7
I switch AURA off in the Bios and in the lighting service software.

I found out that Aura sometimes forgets that it's switched off in the BIOS.

Sometimes I'll switch my PC off and all of a sudden Aura lights up inc DRAM. Literally the PC is off and Aura lights up the motherboard and DRAM. How can that happen if it is switched off in the BIOS? Why is that?

And other times I notice the DRAMS have turned on all of a sudden. When I notice that and go into Aura software it won't let me control them (or let me turn them off).

This software is so glitchy. Why does it do that?

EDIT: Could I have a hardware failure causing that or is this software just bad?

Gold333 wrote:
I switch AURA off in the Bios and in the lighting service software.

I found out that Aura sometimes forgets that it's switched off in the BIOS.

Sometimes I'll switch my PC off and all of a sudden Aura lights up inc DRAM. Literally the PC is off and Aura lights up the motherboard and DRAM. How can that happen if it is switched off in the BIOS? Why is that?

And other times I notice the DRAMS have turned on all of a sudden. When I notice that and go into Aura software it won't let me control them (or let me turn them off).

This software is so glitchy. Why does it do that?

EDIT: Could I have a hardware failure causing that or is this software just bad?

It’s just embarrassingly poorly written software.*