Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS Fans started to spin at max rpm

siemaeniu_500
Level 7
Hello,

Laptop: GL502VS with 7700HQ and 1070GTX

Today, when I came from school I noticed that my laptop's fan (bot GPU and CPU) started to spin at max RPM ~4200. They keep that speed from start to shut down despite the CPU and gpu usage. Event if the computer is at idle, they spin at max rpm. It's not reated to OS, because I have installed Windows and Ubuntu. On these 2 os they situation is the same.
The laptop is 6 months old. I tried to reset bios to default and restart even if I didn't make any changes before. What should I do next ? Have you experienced with similar issue before ?
5 REPLIES 5

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,
Not sure if this can help with the GL502VS, but if you check the thread below, some have reported Fn+Scroll Lock may help on a different model.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97514-Keyboard-button-to-turn-G752VY-on-off-fans-Accidenta...

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi,
Not sure if this can help with the GL502VS, but if you check the thread below, some have reported Fn+Scroll Lock may help on a different model.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97514-Keyboard-button-to-turn-G752VY-on-off-fans-Accidenta...

Probably it's not about that, becuse when i off the computer for lets say 30 minutes, the fans still spin with max speed.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Check the cooling fans connectors. Pull them out then back in again.

chevell65
Level 12
There are many different threads on this issue with no concrete solution.

The only solution seems to be installing a third party fan control program called 'Notebook fan control'.

chevell65 wrote:
There are many different threads on this issue with no concrete solution.

The only solution seems to be installing a third party fan control program called 'Notebook fan control'.

I actually tried this software, all selected profiles with Asus in name didn't help.

I will try to open the rear and do some tricks tommorow.