cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Z370-E: Neither USB-C port on mobo works

pkincy
Level 8
Have a new build with a Z370-E mobo. It has usb 3.1 gen 2 support on the mobo and the rear panel. I have a Fractal Define R6 case that has a USB-C connection to the mobo USB 3.1 Gen 2 header on the mobo. Neither of the USB-C ports is working. Is there a special driver for USB 3.1 Gen 2 that needs to be installed?

Any insight will be appreciated.

TIA
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
Make sure you have the latest chipset driver installed for your board and also the latest BIOS version.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Make sure you have the latest chipset driver installed for your board and also the latest BIOS version.

Thank you. I realized today that the USB-C port is working. I hooked up a external spinner and it immediately recognized the drive. What didn't work was my USB-C cord to a SSD. Yet the SSD works just fine in my XPS' USB-C port. So I am just amazed. Likely not a big problem as I built my new rig with 11 TB of drives. 3 TB of SSDs and 8 TB of spinners.

I was planning on buying a 4TB SSD for external use, but will switch to buying another 2 TB M.2 drive for the M.2-2 spot on the Mobo.