Thread: Bios 2606

New ROGer Array

Bios 2606

Seems like bios 2606 on ch7 has finally fixed my ram timings issue....still to early to tell but after powering off pc with docp set , the pc booted back into windows without an issue.... hopefully this bios is stable....it seems to be playing nice with the 3900x so far but its only been for an hr or so...

New ROGer Array

after further testing its not as stable as i was hoping...ram timings stay and boot.....sometimes but sometimes will require a cmos clear...im glad i can finally set docp but it means nothing if the system will not reliably boot up after a complete power down.....decided to try manually setting ram speed and timings with mix results....sometimes the system wouldn't boot, but instead of a cmos clear i would restart the pc and sometimes it would boot fully and sometimes it wouldn't....messing with voltages now to see if that will help it get stablish...

New ROGer Array

so messing with voltages doesn't seem to matter with having a stable reboot....so turning on docp will force a cmos reset after fill power off and power on cycle.... setting ram speeds and timings manually will cause a weird boot....what i mean is once you do a full power off and on it will get hung up and not boot....if i power off again and power on it boots with all timings and setting intact...very strange and honestly having to turn the system on twice will get old quick...anyone have any ideas?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

you mean that sometimes boot other stay on asus logo?
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

New ROGer Array

when it does get hung up , it doesn't even make it to the asus screen....its an odd bug to say the least....i would say 3 out 4 times it boots perfectly....docp is still a no go cause it will not boot after a restart... just glad its somewhat stable now. ive done a simple all core oc and everything is holding together nicely just to test the system. this bios in my opinion is better and more stable that 2501. so manually setting ram speed and timings is the way to go....in my case that is.

New ROGer Array

so after about 20 or so reboots and cold boots...system hasn't hung up again....stable as of right now...

ROG Junior Member Array

I'm experiencing some issues with this new bios (2606). I have a ryzen 3600 on a c7h and when I try to overclock the ram (G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16) to 3200mhz (default value is 2133mhz) it reboots the computer twice when I restart and when I turn it on it always cold boots twice too...I hear a click sound when this happens coming from the mobo and it shuts off and then comes back to life again, so I'm kinda worried it may cause any damage to the cpu or mobo. I don't know why this issue is happening but it made me go back on the previous version (2501) where I can overclock ram through bios without any proiblem. If someone has a similar issue or knows how to fix this I would appreciate.

New ROGer Array

i havent tried to oc my ram but was more concerned with getting my current sticks up to their docp specs and a stable system...im currently using g skill 2x16gb cl16 3600mhz sticks...ive probably done way too many to count power cycles and haven't had any issues or fears about my mb....the way i see it, theres a start and reset buttons on the c7h for situations like this....i do know when i was on bios 2501 i could set my ram other set of ram g skill 2x8gb cl 14 3200 sticks to 3600mhz easy but if i messed mess with the timings the system wouldn't boot. the 3000 series still has some maturing to do.

ROG Member Array Othello PC Specs
    Othello PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crossfire VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-2933C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix Vega 64
    MonitorSamsung C27HG7x, Acer B273HU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO M2 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 PRO 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i PRO AIO
    CaseCorsair Graphite Sersies 780T
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Steelseries WoW Cataclysm
    Headset Logitech G930
    OS WIN10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rayken8 View Post
    I'm experiencing some issues with this new bios (2606). I have a ryzen 3600 on a c7h and when I try to overclock the ram (G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16) to 3200mhz (default value is 2133mhz) it reboots the computer twice when I restart and when I turn it on it always cold boots twice too...I hear a click sound when this happens coming from the mobo and it shuts off and then comes back to life again, so I'm kinda worried it may cause any damage to the cpu or mobo. I don't know why this issue is happening but it made me go back on the previous version (2501) where I can overclock ram through bios without any proiblem. If someone has a similar issue or knows how to fix this I would appreciate.
    What you are experiencing is normal for this UEFI version. It does it for everyone. If it posts and boots into windows than you are fine. This issue has been talked about in another thread on this forum as well as on the OCN. Also, make sure you are setting your memory boot voltage to 1.4 to 1.45.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Rayken8 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Othello View Post
    What you are experiencing is normal for this UEFI version. It does it for everyone. If it posts and boots into windows than you are fine. This issue has been talked about in another thread on this forum as well as on the OCN. Also, make sure you are setting your memory boot voltage to 1.4 to 1.45.
    The multiple POSTs on UEFI 2606 seem like training process POSTs, the click should be coming from PSU, components will not get damaged.

The advise for VBOOT & VDIMM they should be matched, for example my HW requires 1.4V for 3800MHz C16, so both will be set as that.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)