Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by rchiwawa View Post
    Unfortunately for me, BIOS 2304 borked setting the PWM for waterpumps so that is a no-go so far as I am concerned. It seems like 2406 is pretty ****ed in its own right but I can do just fine with keyboard only. Is 2406 otherwise stable and fully configurable?
    Yes, it's stable, but you can't reach "optimize all" for fans without a mouse. I had to use AISuite III/FanExpert IV and it's built in calibration, not excellent though as it adjusted my CPU Fan to go down to Zero rpm in low temp. Caused boot issue *bip**bip**bip* "no cpu fan present"! I had to adjust the curve manually to remove Zero rpm.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Right on, xeizo,I run my fans at a steady state for all load scenarios. Can I go into the Monitor tab -> "Whatever they call the manual define section selectable at the bottom of the page" in BIOS and manually key in desired PWM/ current without running the optimizer? If you don't know off hand I'll get to reloading 2304 later in the day. I had one BigBox local confirm they have stock in hand even though their website doesn't acknowledge 3k SKUs existence and another all but declared the same. So before I queue up or set the alarm to spam the F5 key on a couple of windows until I can buy online I will have be loading a compatible BIOS anyway.

Other than the mouse issue, is there anything else actually wrong with 2406 or was that enough to have everyone revert?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Headset Sennheiser HD600

From multiple sources so is "all" bioses from all vendors bugged with current AGESAs. Apparently so have this launch been rushed, I kinda expect X570 boards to be bugged to. It's the prize for running the latest and the greatest. If you're not about to jump on a Ryzen 3000, earlier bios versions are far better for this board.

The word is, from the creator of Ryzen Dram Calculator, that there will be a AGESA 1.0.0.6 from AMD shipping to board vendors late July which will be free of most of the issues. So, I don't expect my CH7 to be fully stable with a Ryzen 3000 until sometime in August, if Asus keeps up with the AGESAs.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    From multiple sources so is "all" bioses from all vendors bugged with current AGESAs. Apparently so have this launch been rushed, I kinda expect X570 boards to be bugged to. It's the prize for running the latest and the greatest. If you're not about to jump on a Ryzen 3000, earlier bios versions are far better for this board.

The word is, from the creator of Ryzen Dram Calculator, that there will be a AGESA 1.0.0.6 from AMD shipping to board vendors late July which will be free of most of the issues. So, I don't expect my CH7 to be fully stable with a Ryzen 3000 until sometime in August, if Asus keeps up with the AGESAs.
    I found my best throughput and latency with 1201 and only every tried 2304 because I figured it would take a few revs to get it remotely passable... past experience talking there. Aside from the waterpump PWM being stuck at 100% I found my latency went up 3ns for the same 3400MT and 14-14-14-14-28-42 timings with similar throughput.

I suspect you're right. I really want to get a hold of a 3700x for my Louqe Ghost S1 build on a b450-i but the bios revs for that board, although in the 2ks never stated support for new CPUs and they didn't see the same corresponding increase in size on boards that had Zen 2 (well, "new CPU support"). The 3900x sooner vs later would be nice but the 2700x is dialed in and sufficient

Thanks again.

ROG Junior Member Array

2406 bugged

Quote Originally Posted by rchiwawa View Post
    Unfortunately for me, BIOS 2304 borked setting the PWM for waterpumps so that is a no-go so far as I am concerned. It seems like 2406 is pretty ****ed in its own right but I can do just fine with keyboard only. Is 2406 otherwise stable and fully configurable?
    2406 seems otherwise stable so far. I did have the BIOS freeze on me when using the keyboard to change settings just after the flash update and soft reboot, and then it seemed to reboot twice on cold boot before entering Windows, but nothing seems borked upon actual bootup. Cinebench score within normal range, no crashes.

I'm have 2700X with 3000hz RAM, SVM enabled, LED & RGB off except LED error code, AI Overclock to DOPC standard, Performance Enhancer level OC3

I flash with every release for security and best mitigations (retpoline, etc). Never had a mouse quit working on previous releases. Look forward to the fix in a month or so.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by KingRamze View Post
    2406 seems otherwise stable so far. I did have the BIOS freeze on me when using the keyboard to change settings just after the flash update and soft reboot, and then it seemed to reboot twice on cold boot before entering Windows, but nothing seems borked upon actual bootup. Cinebench score within normal range, no crashes.

I'm have 2700X with 3000hz RAM, SVM enabled, LED & RGB off except LED error code, AI Overclock to DOPC standard, Performance Enhancer level OC3

I flash with every release for security and best mitigations (retpoline, etc). Never had a mouse quit working on previous releases. Look forward to the fix in a month or so.
    Well, if this:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...hread-676.html

means what I think it means, RAM is going to be restricted to 2133 on any given board until it has a BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB, my sincere hop that there is something out just as soon as the NDA lifts. Waiting the standard Asus holding period has gotten quite old and I swear by God and his sonny, Jesus, I will finally break rank and buy ASRock for my own personal board next time around. I made the list that will close out this post the other day of the Asus boards I have had. I am done with the terrible support. If I am not paying for "loss-leader" staffing like BIOS engineers with my premium priced boards, why not go elsewhere if the hardware is up to snuff?

Not sure I put them down by chronological but it's how I remember them coming into ownership. Definitely did have the P3B-F before the P2B-D

P5A-B

P5-99VM

P2B

P3B-F (dual ISA)

P2B-D (runner for favorite of all time)

P4T533

A7N8X Deluxe (runner for favorite of all time)

P4C800-E Deluxe

Commando

Rampage II

Rampage IV (runner for favorite of all time)

Maximus V

The Laptop era from intel having pissed me off...

Crosshair VII Hero

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Headset Sennheiser HD600

So, now it's confirmed Ryzen 3000 needs at least AGESA 1.0.0.3AB to be able to run as intented. AGESA 1.0.0.2 as in this bios(2406) includes lockdowns from AMD. In example locked down memory OC for Ryzen 3000. Why did Asus release this bios just two days ahead of launch? They could have waited a few days and have had a proper 1.0.0.3AB bios ready instead. Duh!

Anyway, I have a 3800X on the way, will probably replace with the 3950X later this fall. 3900X feels kinda broken to me with it's shut down cores. I went with the 3800X instead, because of it's generous TDP vs actual consumption.

BUT, myself and many with me needs this 1.0.0.3AB bios before we have our CPUs delivered.

BTW, someone said BIOS Flashback would fix the mouse issue in the current bios. I tried, it didn't. But, 1usmus has said: this or next bios, whatever bios fully ready for Ryzen 3000 MUST be installed using BIOS Flashback to be fully functioning with Ryzen 3000.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

I can say my mouse is borked too with 2406, i tried normal bios update through bios and even bios flashback made my Asus Gladius in bios useless... Any solution or jsut wait for another...
    I set bios by keyboard no problem but it shloud be okay...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    So, now it's confirmed Ryzen 3000 needs at least AGESA 1.0.0.3AB to be able to run as intented. AGESA 1.0.0.2 as in this bios(2406)...

BUT, myself and many with me needs this 1.0.0.3AB bios before we have our CPUs delivered...
    Thanks for confirming that AGESA rev in 2406. I had a strong feeling it was not 1.0.0.3AB, whatever was in there, and decided to skip the lines ordered up my processors on Newegg and set delivery for 3 days in the vain hope that we'll have a proper AGESA rev and a fully functioned BIOS available at that time. My second 3k series chip is for an ITX build on a Strix b450-i and although the BIOS revs for it mimic other 400 series board numbers, it never saw the same bump up in BIOS size and never once for any revision has Asus mentioned "support for new CPU" or an AGESA revision associated with Matisse. I have my doubts about them having their **** together for that board any time soon and it breaks my heart and might force me to just spend the money on an ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX TB3.

ROG Enthusiast Array Sedare PC Specs
    Sedare PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero X470
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR (4 sticks)
    Graphics Card #1Galax GTX 970 HOF
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster X7 (external Amp/DAC)
    MonitorACER XB270HU 27" G-Sync Monitor
    Storage #1WD Black 500GB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB C6H Monoblock
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Senheiser GSP600
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers E-MU XM7 Bookshelf Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87R

Ok then. I just downloaded the new bios, Chipset driver and sata driver. Guess I will not be updating the BIOS at the moment. Is the new Chipset driver okay to update? Also, what's usually the order? BIOS then Chipset, or the other way around? Guess it won't matter, since I'm not updating BIOS atm.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast