Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Mordorr View Post
    Anyone using here W7? Mind share about CSM options?
    Keep them default. You only need to change them if want install to consider rig as UEFI system, which to all intents and purposes yields no benefits IMO.

You would need W7 iso to have chipset drivers, otherwise no keyboard/mouse, see post 3 here.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by 7ha7as1an View Post
    Hate Q-Code 0d. How many sticks of ram are you using and in what slots? I used to have 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 and one day I was messing with overclocking them and killed a stick. Still amazed that happened and now have a paperweight stick with me to remind me of the stress. Anyway, if you are populating all then pull all sticks out and work with them one by one installing one stick in one slot then if nothing, uninstall and use same stick in the next slot and so on and so forth for all sticks. I did this and was able to boot eventually. If you'd like also unplug and plug your monitor in between resetting. A very odd situation for me but it worked.

Edited: Also try replacing the coin battery. Leaving the system unplugged for extended period of time can kill the coin battery and possibly cause issues down the road. I forgot I also changed mine out.
    Thank you for your answer my friend. I find a solution for my problem.

First of all, I have 2 sticks of memory in A2 and B2 slots. I changed slots (all possible combinations in duo or with one slot), I unplugged battery as well for about an hour or so. I even tried to downgrade from the flash Bios USB slot the MB Bios. Nothing worked.

What did the trick for me was an HDMI cable! Although it sounds very VERY stupid as why this problem occurred, that was the mother of all my yesterday's problems. For a reason I cannot understand, when I updated to Bios 1201, CSM was enabled. That made my DP useless and I could not see anything but the info from my monitor that Display Port was enabled again and again for multiple times until the screen was black.

What makes me wonder though is that I was able to update from 0804 up to 1103 with no problems while I used DP. And if my memory serves me correctly even when I had CSM > Enable, I could use DP as normal. When I updated to 1201, CSM was enabled but that caused the problem. What I did, is to find a HDMI cable. Then I managed to enter into Bios and Windows as I did before. I downloaded Version 0804 Bios when it fixed the broken "software" the 1201 version caused, and then I updated to 1103. All that while I had HDMI. Then I entered into Bios and I set CSM > Disable and only then I was able to use DP. Maybe I will give a try to install 1201 with HDMI cable but I promised myself IF I manage to save the MB and my system I will not change anything at all...

So, the users who have not HDMI option on their systems are about to never recover from that loop?

Edit: I used the same steps with HDMI cable and then CSM > Disable and I was able to updated up to 1201 and then I switched to DP. Now all they seem ok. I will try OC after I am sure this Version Bios is stable with my system.
    Last edited by Oldar; 01-11-2019 at 11:52 AM.

ROG Member Array

Such a strange issue when upgrading bios for this board. I went through the same thing when changing bios and drove me nuts. Nothing but frustration though same result with a now updates board that still works. Still I'm sure we could all deal without the hassle.

Glad to hear it was resolved.

ROG Junior Member Array

Front panel USB 2.0 problem with 1201 on Crosshair VII Hero (WiFi)

Has anybody seen any weirdness with the front panel USB 2 sockets since upgrading to 1201?

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) plugged into the front USB2 socket. It provides phantom power to my microphone. It's been in the same USB socket since I got the mobo (in October 2018) and I've had no issues. After upgrading to 1201, I've started getting a strange issue that after cold booting, rebooting or coming out of standby, the Scarlett connects and reconnects repeatedly every few seconds. Correcting the issue is as simple as unplugging the Scarlett, leaving it unplugged from the USB socket for 5 minutes, then plugging it back in.

I don't have any issues with any other USB device (including a joystick that uses the other front USB 2 socket), so I assume it has got something to do with the power draw of the Scarlett.

I know it's a fringe issue, but I'm clutching at straws hoping that someone else has seen something similar, because the only change on the machine on the day that this started happening was the UEFI update.

Thanks!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by 7ha7as1an View Post
    Such a strange issue when upgrading bios for this board. I went through the same thing when changing bios and drove me nuts. Nothing but frustration though same result with a now updates board that still works. Still I'm sure we could all deal without the hassle.

Glad to hear it was resolved.
    Exactly my thoughts! "Such a strange issues when upgrading bios for this board". I mean they did not test the bios update with DP? It sounds funny but when you do not know what is causing the trouble, you think your MB has passed away. Thank God, I did not returning it to the shop I bought it as they would check all these and then they would told me that "hey, we fixed your MB. Its 50 Euros the Repair + 20 Euros the transportation costs". Unacceptable for a Mobo that cost me 320 Euros in the first place.

I remembered now when I was building up the system my first monitor has only HDMI output so that is why I had not problem upgrading the Bios. My latest monitor although it supports HDMI, I really love the DP option as I can clearly feel it has much less input lag than the HDMI output and far more crystal clear screen.

Let's hope they will fix that issue in Bios update from now on.
    Last edited by Oldar; 01-12-2019 at 09:47 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGuru View Post
    Has anybody seen any weirdness with the front panel USB 2 sockets since upgrading to 1201?

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) plugged into the front USB2 socket. It provides phantom power to my microphone. It's been in the same USB socket since I got the mobo (in October 2018) and I've had no issues. After upgrading to 1201, I've started getting a strange issue that after cold booting, rebooting or coming out of standby, the Scarlett connects and reconnects repeatedly every few seconds. Correcting the issue is as simple as unplugging the Scarlett, leaving it unplugged from the USB socket for 5 minutes, then plugging it back in.

I don't have any issues with any other USB device (including a joystick that uses the other front USB 2 socket), so I assume it has got something to do with the power draw of the Scarlett.

I know it's a fringe issue, but I'm clutching at straws hoping that someone else has seen something similar, because the only change on the machine on the day that this started happening was the UEFI update.

Thanks!
    I used to have similar problems with the USB ports especially when I was inserted a flash drive. I too had disruptions and other frustrating issues.

I find out what caused all of these was Wattman from AMD Drivers and some options of flash display in Windows 10. I fixed those 2 and it seems all well now. But then again I work in 1201 Bios for less than a day, so I will contact you back if problems occur again.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

No issue during update with Display Port at all. Which problem did u exactly have? You can use more update methods through Bios an even by the MoBo, in this case you don´t even need monitor. https://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_b...ashback_guide/

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Oldar View Post
    I used to have similar problems with the USB ports especially when I was inserted a flash drive. I too had disruptions and other frustrating issues.

I find out what caused all of these was Wattman from AMD Drivers and some options of flash display in Windows 10. I fixed those 2 and it seems all well now. But then again I work in 1201 Bios for less than a day, so I will contact you back if problems occur again.
    Thank you Oldar!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Keep them default. You only need to change them if want install to consider rig as UEFI system, which to all intents and purposes yields no benefits IMO.

You would need W7 iso to have chipset drivers, otherwise no keyboard/mouse, see post 3 here.
    Thank you! Already working even AURA. Sweet W7
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64jk91.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	220.1 KB 
ID:	78158
    Last edited by Mordorr; 01-12-2019 at 05:20 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array fullerms PC Specs
    fullerms PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600X
    Memory (part number)Crucial F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1Asus RX580 Strix TOP Edition 8GB
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorBenq SW2700
    Storage #1Crucial M4 256GB SSD
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseFractal Design Meshify C
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G3 1000W
    Keyboard Rosewill C31
    Mouse Microsoft Sidewinder X3
    Headset/Speakers Cyber Acoustics CA-3602
    OS Windows 10 X64

Fan Control Bug in CH VII Hero UEFI Version 1103 and 1201

There is an error in temperature reporting when Chassis Fan1 is configured to use PCH as the temperature source in BIOS. The Value for CPU Socket Temperature is exactly the same as the PCH temperature when this condition is met. No issues in configuring other fan headers to use the PCH as a temperature source.

The error can be replicated easily by configuring Cha Fan1 to use PCH as a temperature source. The erroneous values can be seen using HWInfo64 or SIV. This has been confirmed by two different CH VII owners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HWInfo Bug report.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	78198

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast