Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 247
  1. #161
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    @Greg - Asus gives you plenty of hours of fun! Why worry about getting a stable OC when the factory settings won't even work? Asus makes things screwed to help us all improve our trouble shooting skills, while understanding that we will never truly be happy in life with material goods...

    Since launch the BIOS have been wonky...and always a comprimise. One thing gets fixed while breaking another. This forces you to prioritize and make hard choices about what you can sacrifice. All valuable life skills courtesy of Asus.
    None of my onboarding headers worker after one of the bios updates last year - Corsair AIO, Corsair PSU, EVGA case, or NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub controller. After sending my motherboard in to be repaired and getting it back two months later, i still had the same issue and began seeing comments from others about the BIOS being the issue - not hardware.

    Since then, my case now seems to work *most* of the time - though USB devices seem to disconnect and reconnect even when none are plugged in.

    Corsair still doesn't work in terms of USB onboard. Instead I grabbed a couple USB cables with Type A end and plugged them right into the normal USB ports (my case has a vertical GPU cutout I run cables through to go outside of the case).

    Asus' AISuite3 breaks too many program, doesn't keep settings, wants me to retest my fans setup every other day, and cant detect my AIO connected to the AIO header. And when I try to use Fan Xpert, it doesn't detect Corsair ML140 fans connected to the Asus fan extender card...so I bought Noctuas. They detect but cant be adjusted.. And then it crashes my computer while retesting the fans which haven't changed since the past 6 times Fan Xpert lost the plot. So I tried other brands - same result seems strange I got literally 26 bad fans in a row and not a single one this motherboard will play nicely with via Fan Xpert.

    I tried to live with AISuite3, but it is just terrible for stability and overall mental health. Without AISuite, I can run Corsair iCUE software which will detect Corsair devices (admittedly via ghetto'd USB cables running out onto the back of the I/O), as EVGA also likes to have buggy software for fans, my cases controller is uncontrolled..

    So I got a couple Noctua triple fan controllers, ran a few splitters as well, and can deal up/down all push on one knob amd all pull on the other.

    Is it as convenient?
    No.

    Elegant? Nope.

    Cost effective?
    \cry

    But it works perfectly - which AISuite most certainly does not. Asus shouldn't be able to even claim this as a feature as it is most certainly a bug.

    Now if they decide to get the USB headers working, my motherboard would be fully operational just in time for the next generation of AMD CPU's to be released....oh that means Asus has new MB too? Frick...this thing will never get fixed.....

  2. #162
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Needsnurfing View Post
    I can't say I have since the suggestion to use 18.50.06 or later. I have reinstalled my gpu drivers which also uninstalls the motherboard chipset drivers and had no issues on a currently installed windows 10.

    In regards to 2304 bios, my ram timings that have been working since x800 bios revisions no longer work. I have a samsung bdie 3600 kit which ran 3466 C16 timings. Strangely after the update i can no longer run my c16 timings, i loaded the stilts 3466 samsung bdie 1.4v profile and upped the voltage to 1.5v and its working so far. running mem test (currently 0 errors).

    So beware memory timings may be an issue.
    1.5v for memory...

    My 3466 ram stopped working too. Are you sure 1.5v is ok for long term?

    I have the follwing g.skill memory: G.SKILL 3466 and I've been trying to get it working.

  3. #163
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    I got it to work

    I got my ram working @ 3466 and 1.35v.

    I down-volted the CPU .1 v (strange) and bumped up the SoC a bit.

    But when I enable performance enhancer (PE) the memory starts throwing errors. I suspect it's because PE tries to overclock the memory as well.

  4. #164
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4266C19D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1XFX Raadeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 NVME
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerCoolMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseAero 500
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    90

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian.N.Sinclair View Post
    @Greg - Asus gives you plenty of hours of fun! Why worry about getting a stable OC when the factory settings won't even work? Asus makes things screwed to help us all improve our trouble shooting skills, while understanding that we will never truly be happy in life with material goods...

    Since launch the BIOS have been wonky...and always a comprimise. One thing gets fixed while breaking another. This forces you to prioritize and make hard choices about what you can sacrifice. All valuable life skills courtesy of Asus.
    None of my onboarding headers worker after one of the bios updates last year - Corsair AIO, Corsair PSU, EVGA case, or NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub controller. After sending my motherboard in to be repaired and getting it back two months later, i still had the same issue and began seeing comments from others about the BIOS being the issue - not hardware.

    Since then, my case now seems to work *most* of the time - though USB devices seem to disconnect and reconnect even when none are plugged in.

    Corsair still doesn't work in terms of USB onboard. Instead I grabbed a couple USB cables with Type A end and plugged them right into the normal USB ports (my case has a vertical GPU cutout I run cables through to go outside of the case).

    Asus' AISuite3 breaks too many program, doesn't keep settings, wants me to retest my fans setup every other day, and cant detect my AIO connected to the AIO header. And when I try to use Fan Xpert, it doesn't detect Corsair ML140 fans connected to the Asus fan extender card...so I bought Noctuas. They detect but cant be adjusted.. And then it crashes my computer while retesting the fans which haven't changed since the past 6 times Fan Xpert lost the plot. So I tried other brands - same result seems strange I got literally 26 bad fans in a row and not a single one this motherboard will play nicely with via Fan Xpert.

    I tried to live with AISuite3, but it is just terrible for stability and overall mental health. Without AISuite, I can run Corsair iCUE software which will detect Corsair devices (admittedly via ghetto'd USB cables running out onto the back of the I/O), as EVGA also likes to have buggy software for fans, my cases controller is uncontrolled..

    So I got a couple Noctua triple fan controllers, ran a few splitters as well, and can deal up/down all push on one knob amd all pull on the other.

    Is it as convenient?
    No.

    Elegant? Nope.

    Cost effective?
    \cry

    But it works perfectly - which AISuite most certainly does not. Asus shouldn't be able to even claim this as a feature as it is most certainly a bug.

    Now if they decide to get the USB headers working, my motherboard would be fully operational just in time for the next generation of AMD CPU's to be released....oh that means Asus has new MB too? Frick...this thing will never get fixed.....
    When you had fans plugged into motherboard, did you detect & calibrate them in the bios? Fans on splitters often wont work with PWM and need to be set to DC in the bios instead, then they will work well together. All digital (PWM) fans are a bit different, running them on splitters means the MB can't properly sense the RPM as there is more than 1 signal.

    I've never had any of the other problems you mention. AISuite has run really well for me for the last 4 years. It's not AISuite that's incompatible, it tends to be other software which does not conform to ASUS WMI properly, though that is pretty much fixed now as well.

    My ML120 and later ML240 worked very well connected to the MB, as well as my Corsair RM850.

    If you have the latest bios and all your software (including AISuite) is the most up to date version, you should have little problem. Even still, use monitoring s/w applications 1 at a time - 2 programs trying to measure everything in real-time, is asking for trouble!

    Last, you don't want AISuite, or any other s/w for that matter, to set your bios settings from Windows, it would be a security nightmare, that is why settings are not preserved. The settings, like in TPU, are use for testing, so you don't have to reboot every time you change one setting. It's brilliant for getting voltages right.

    I can also report all USB headers working as they should. If none of the above helps, you need to exchange your board, but I can't believe it's that bad.

    Which bios did you update to ? Which bios were you running?

  5. #165
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Dicehunter PC Specs
    Dicehunter PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K @ 5.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB *4x8GB* 3600MHz
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition @ 2000/6000
    Graphics Card #3Corsair Commander Pro
    Graphics Card #4Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub x 2
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X AE-9 + Custom RGB Backplate
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG248Q 24" 1080P 240Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB + WD Heatsink
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 6TB + 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro + 6 x Corsair HDRGB 120mm Fans
    CaseCorsair 680 X - Red + 3 x Corsair HDRGB 120/140mm Fans
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000w + Black Cablemod Kit
    Keyboard Asus ROG "Claymore 100%" RGB Cherry MX Blue + Black PBT Double Shot Keycaps
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Sennheiser 660s
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm + DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
    OS Windows 10 - Professional 64 Bit Edition
    Accessory #1 Beyerdynamic Fox Pro + Mic Arm + Shock Mount
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 x 2
    Accessory #3 Asus ROG Spotlight
    Dicehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    340

    I forget which version it was but prior to the current version my memory was stable at its rated speed of 3200, Now it refuses to go higher than 2933, I tested it in my girlfriends Intel build and it runs perfectly at 3200MHz, So whatever Asus did they broke something as per usual because even going back to a prior version doesn't fix the issue.
    Last edited by Dicehunter; 06-18-2019 at 10:17 AM.





  6. #166
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    38
    Posts
    281

    It's about time for a new bios for Crosshair VII, current bios is only AGESA 0.0.7.2.A meaning Beta-status. The Prime and the F is already on AGESA 1.0.0.2 which is release status bioses, also the AGESA 1.0.0.2-based 5007 bios for those boards works very well. Stable and producing great benchmarks on the 2700X. MSI is already on AGESA 1.0.0.3.

    Crosshair VII has much better hardware, it's silly it's behind on bios releases.

  7. #167
    ROG Member Array Ibslice PC Specs
    Ibslice PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (wifi)
    ProcessorRYZEN 3900x
    Memory (part number)Gskill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
    MonitorSamsung CHG70 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 evo 500gig m2
    Storage #2various
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i watercooler
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D AF
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K70
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Logitech G633
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U Wireless AC3100
    Accessory #1 XBOX 360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    It's about time for a new bios for Crosshair VII, current bios is only AGESA 0.0.7.2.A meaning Beta-status. The Prime and the F is already on AGESA 1.0.0.2 which is release status bioses, also the AGESA 1.0.0.2-based 5007 bios for those boards works very well. Stable and producing great benchmarks on the 2700X. MSI is already on AGESA 1.0.0.3.

    Crosshair VII has much better hardware, it's silly it's behind on bios releases.
    Completely agree. It's only 1 week until the Ryzen 3000 releases begin.

  8. #168
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    38
    Posts
    281

    Also, those other boards have gotten the new extra PBO boost feature, 0-200MHZ+. Still missing in the CH7 bios. The absurd outcome if Asus doesn't release a new CH7 bios is, my Prime Pro may produce higher performance than my CH7 with Ryzen 3000(and get cooked in the process)...

  9. #169
    ROG Enthusiast Array ZEEED PC Specs
    ZEEED PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)Teamgroup 4133 8pack edition
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled Titan Pascal
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVME
    CPU CoolerPhobya Nova Extreme
    CaseCheap one :D
    Power SupplySuperflower 1200 platinum
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX
    Headset/Speakers Panasonic :)

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    56

    We are still waiting......

  10. #170
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4266C19D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1XFX Raadeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 NVME
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerCoolMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseAero 500
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS
    bigtop1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    90

    Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    Also, those other boards have gotten the new extra PBO boost feature, 0-200MHZ+. Still missing in the CH7 bios. The absurd outcome if Asus doesn't release a new CH7 bios is, my Prime Pro may produce higher performance than my CH7 with Ryzen 3000(and get cooked in the process)...
    The new boost feature works on your current cpu?

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •