Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 246
  1. #171
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    32
    Posts
    221

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    The new boost feature works on your current cpu?
    I haven't tested as I presume it only works with a Ryzen 3000, I had it at "auto" and only noticed max all core boost in PBO was raised from 4150MHz to 4200MHz. Now I have my 2700X in Crosshair VII so I can't test it. When I get a 3900X the 2700X will be back in the Prime Pro, but pretty sure it doesn't do anything special on a 2700X.

    But I sure want a full featured bios for CH7 before the Ryzen 3000 launch.

  2. #172
    ROG Enthusiast Array ZEEED PC Specs
    ZEEED PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)Teamgroup 4133 8pack edition
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled Titan Pascal
    MonitorAcer 4k
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVME
    CPU CoolerPhobya Nova Extreme
    CaseCheap one :D
    Power SupplySuperflower 1200 platinum
    Keyboard Saiteck Cyborg
    Mouse SK Gaming Mionix
    Headset Asus Volcan ANX
    Headset/Speakers Panasonic :)

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    53

    Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    I haven't tested as I presume it only works with a Ryzen 3000, I had it at "auto" and only noticed max all core boost in PBO was raised from 4150MHz to 4200MHz. Now I have my 2700X in Crosshair VII so I can't test it. When I get a 3900X the 2700X will be back in the Prime Pro, but pretty sure it doesn't do anything special on a 2700X.

    But I sure want a full featured bios for CH7 before the Ryzen 3000 launch.
    Not a clue whats up that Lower end boards from asus got Bios upgrade loads of B450/X470 boards got upgrades from other vendors. Elmor left and took support for Crosshair motherboards with him basically....

  3. #173
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    32
    Posts
    221

    Quote Originally Posted by ZEEED View Post
    Not a clue whats up that Lower end boards from asus got Bios upgrade loads of B450/X470 boards got upgrades from other vendors. Elmor left and took support for Crosshair motherboards with him basically....
    In Asus defense so is the CH7 bios A LOT more feature rich from the start, may be it is rather tough to keep it both current and stable. And, they still have a few days before Ryzen 3000 is in the wild.

  4. #174
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    31

    New Bios is out.

    Version 2406 2019/07/05 14.68 MBytes

    ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2406
    1. Improve system stability.
    2. Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...328.1553626300

    Version 2406 2019/07/05 14.68 MBytes

    ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2406
    1. Improve system stability.
    2. Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7HWIFI.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...328.1553626300
    Last edited by TaijRai; 07-05-2019 at 03:56 PM.

  5. #175
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    32
    Posts
    221

    Yes, at last, I read word from a retailer on another forum that bios 2406 would unlock the last features for Ryzen 3000 for several Asus B450/X470-boards.

    And it was due for Sunday, but obviously it arrived today. All set then!

  6. #176
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by TaijRai View Post
    New Bios is out.

    Version 2406 2019/07/05 14.68 MBytes

    ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2406
    1. Improve system stability.
    2. Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...328.1553626300

    Version 2406 2019/07/05 14.68 MBytes

    ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2406
    1. Improve system stability.
    2. Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7HWIFI.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...328.1553626300
    All I want to know is, will it stabilize my ram that 2304 broke?

  7. #177
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xeizo PC Specs
    xeizo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP i7-7500U 16GB 256GB NVMe
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB HyperX/CorsairLP @ 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080Ti @ Water
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22
    MonitorAOC 1440p 27" S-PLS
    Storage #1256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Storage #22xSSD:s, 4xHDD:s
    CPU CoolerAntec 620 AIO push-pull 2xNidec Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm
    CaseCorsair Carbide 200R
    Power SupplyCooler Master V550S
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown (50$ on sale)
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei RAW
    Headset Sennheiser HD600
    Mouse Pad Steelseries, hard
    Headset/Speakers Swissonic ASM5 active studio monitors (thomann.de)
    OS Windows10 preview build 16237
    Network RouterAsus RT-N66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    32
    Posts
    221

    Quote Originally Posted by amadeus1171 View Post
    All I want to know is, will it stabilize my ram that 2304 broke?
    My RAM is perfectly stable @3400MHz(2x16GB DR) with 2304, but I use Ryzen Dram Calculator instead of anything Asus suggests.

  8. #178
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
    My RAM is perfectly stable @3400MHz(2x16GB DR) with 2304, but I use Ryzen Dram Calculator instead of anything Asus suggests.
    Well, whatever I tried I couldn't stabilize @3466. It seems stable now with 2306. So it was the bios. x.x

  9. #179
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    On the Asus Website for CH7. it still lists bios 2304
    as the latest bios if using win10 64 bit.

    I did see 2406 listed under win10 32 bit....

    any idea when the win10 64 bit BIOS will be out?
    or does it matter between the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the bios?

    NightHawkSoup




    Quote Originally Posted by TaijRai View Post
    New Bios is out.

    Version 2406 2019/07/05 14.68 MBytes

    ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2406
    1. Improve system stability.
    2. Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...328.1553626300

    Version 2406 2019/07/05 14.68 MBytes

    ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2406
    1. Improve system stability.
    2. Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7HWIFI.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...328.1553626300

  10. #180
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    80
    Posts
    916

    Quote Originally Posted by NightHawkSoup View Post
    On the Asus Website for CH7. it still lists bios 2304
    as the latest bios if using win10 64 bit.

    I did see 2406 listed under win10 32 bit....

    any idea when the win10 64 bit BIOS will be out?
    or does it matter between the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the bios?

    NightHawkSoup
    The UEFI file will be the same regardless of what OS filter you pick.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •