Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO - 500GB NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK.2
    Mouse Logitech G403

Quote Originally Posted by Sedare View Post
    Updated to the new BIOS. Still cannot get my G.Skill RAM to 3200MHz (it's rated speed) without seeing errors in RAM Test or BSODs. 3000 speed has 0 errors. 4 sticks at 64GB. It seems the motherboard/CPU still doesn't like 4 sticks at high capacities populated and at its rated speed.
    4 Dimms may just be too stressful for the IMC. I know I had issues with four dimms (4x8). I swapped that kit out for a 2 dimm (2x16) kit and have been solid. I am only at 32GB total system memory. If you need that 64GB and it's working good at 3000 I'd be more inclined to tighten up timings as best as possible and run with it. Realistically not much performance difference from 3000 to 3200 speeds. I get it though, wanting to get your rated speed you paid for.
    Other systems in addition to the gaming rig in the profile specs:
    Crosshair VII (WiFi), 2700X, 32GB GSkill c14 @3200 , 960Pro 512, 860Evo 1TB, GTX1080ti, HX850, Celsius S36, Define R6, pg348q
    x470 Taichi, 2700X, 16GB GSkill c14 @3200, 960Evo 500, 860Evo 1TB, GTX1080, RM850x, Celsius S36, Define R6 usb-c, dell u3415w

ROG Enthusiast Array Frostie36 PC Specs
    Frostie36 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero X470 WiFi
    ProcessorRyzen 2700x
    Graphics Card #1Evga 1080TI FE
    Sound CardCreative X-Fi pcie
    MonitorAsus VG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Pro 256mb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S SE AM4
    CaseHAF 932 Advance
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider 1000w
    Keyboard Logitech g15 v2
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Creative Headphones
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterNetgear WNDR4500

No issue here with 4 dimms (4x8 gskill flare x 3200mhz cl14), worked fine with 0804 and now on 1103. They're not the 32gb kit either but 2 pairs of 16gb brought about 4 months apart.

New ROGer Array MoRiSoVa PC Specs
    MoRiSoVa PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VII Hero X470
    ProcessorRyzen7 2700x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX (4 Sticks)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorLG 24MK600M-B
    Storage #1Sumsung 970 EVO MZ-V7E250B/IT
    Storage #2Sumsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B/IT
    CPU CoolerCRYORIG A80 V2
    CaseIN WIN IW-BX141G
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1000-G Evolution
    Keyboard Logicool G910 RGB
    Mouse Logicool G502
    Mouse Pad ASUS CERBERUS MOUSE PAD
    Headset/Speakers BOSE 101MM
    OS Windows10 PRO
    Network RouterIntel X540-T2

Ver.1103
    4 Dimms (4x16 Gskill F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX x2) 3200Mhz CL16 CR2T.
    It is operating steadily.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 2018-12-03 (1).jpg  

2018-12-03.jpg  

Last edited by MoRiSoVa; 12-02-2018 at 03:58 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

CHVII Wifi - 1103 BIOS causing h150i AIO to disconnect and reconnect.

Since I updated to the 1103 BIOS on my CHVII I've been having a lot of problems with my Corsair h150i AIO disconnecting and reconnecting.

I'm running Corsair iCUE software to control fans and such, which could be the cause, or just part of, the problem.

Specifically I'm having problems with this USB hub:

* Device Name: Port_#0013.Hub_#0001
    * Device Mfg: (Standard USB Host Controller)
    * Driver Description: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
    * Driver InfSection: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
    * Instance ID: USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&20381000&0&13
    * Driver Version: 10.0.17763.1
    * Driver InfPath: usb.inf
    * Capabilities: Removable, SilentInstall, RawDeviceOK

Disabling the USB hub stops the constant reconnecting.... but leaves me unable to control my h150i and connected fans with Corsair's iCUE software.

I tried disabling USB selective suspend on all my USB hubs, and also went through to disable "Allow Windows to turn this off to save power" for the hubs and Corsair devices, but that didn't solve the problem.

I don't know what other information you might need that could be helpful. If you let me know I'll try to get that info to you.

Unless someone can suggest either troubleshooting or a way to get more debugging data, I'll probably be rolling my BIOS back this evening, so hit me up with advice if you've got any!

ROG Enthusiast Array Zefram PC Specs
    Zefram PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti OC Edition
    MonitorAsus PG279QZ 165Hz & VG248QE 144Hz
    Storage #1500GB Samsung 970 EVO
    Storage #24TB Western Digital
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB
    Headset Sennheiser Gaming One
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Control
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterNetgear N600
    Accessory #1 Blue Yeti Blackout Microphone

I have the H150i also and haven't had any issues. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the iCue software.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zefram View Post
    I have the H150i also and haven't had any issues. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the iCue software.
    I'll give it a shot, but.... yesterday I did a full reinstall of Windows because the disconnect/reconnect problem was irritating me, only for the issue to crop back up on the fresh install. The fact that the problem only occurred after I updated my BIOS two days ago, and persisted through a full system wipe, leads me to believe that the problem is not with iCUE.

I'll definitely try reinstalling the software again, though. I've had **** luck the past week, so the problem being something as simple as a faulty install package would actually make a ton of sense.

Edit: I reinstalled iCUE, but I'm still having the same problem. The USB port that my Corsair h150i is plugged into keeps connecting and disconnecting. This is driving me more than a little nuts...

Edit 2: I uninstalled the 1103 BIOS and reinstalled 1002, the problem with the USB port are gone. Guess I'm waiting for the next update.
    Last edited by Stalkholm; 12-05-2018 at 02:23 AM.

ROG Member Array

Thumbs up Not just the USBs that disconnect but also nvmes !!! also CSM compat nightmarish

Hello,

Owner of a CH7 for a week, I have not overcome many problems related to this board.

I run Linux on it, trying to do GPU passthrough virt is so far a nightmare (ordered a RX580 for the test, my HD7950 hates this mobo and it's restricted x4 port.
    Also disabling CSM to try to boot on pcie 2 x4 (CPU one, not the chipset one, it's x4 since I use there rest of the bandwith for my nvme RAID) is definitely a no-go, tried with GTX-1060/HD7950/GTX 760 none would allow me to boot on second GPU set as primary....

BUT far worse, nvme raid can easily just refuse to appear at boot, needing a reboot and/or clear CMOS and the like, or SATA drives.

I tested with 2 power blocks in case, 1000W so not the issue here (also they work perfectly fine elsewhere).

appart from that....boot lag, poor memory overclocking capabilties so far....

But once you're in it,and passed the boot , it's rock solid and efficient, no crash nor freezes on kernel 4.18....

SO THIS IS JUST BIOS ISSUES, FOR A 300€ MOBO, not providing a decent failproof BIOS sound like a scam X/

ASUS outta put the ressources to provide a decent piece of software to run the beast to its best.
    I'm not throwing a rock at the devs here, they must be outnumbered and squeezed, but this is a major BUMMER and it seems like no one cares.

Not talking overcloking, but just stability here, instead of putting its efforts into RGB leds I don't give a damn about.

I used to buy ASUS products with closed eyes, Intel mobos where grand... Hope it is gonna be resolved and I can't change my judgement, but if not then we should file a complaint here, or I want to be contacted by asus reps...

ROG Enthusiast Array Sedare PC Specs
    Sedare PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero X470
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR (4 sticks)
    Graphics Card #1Galax GTX 970 HOF
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster X7 (external Amp/DAC)
    MonitorACER XB270HU 27" G-Sync Monitor
    Storage #1WD Black 500GB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB NVMe PCI-e SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB C6H Monoblock
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Senheiser GSP600
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Headset/Speakers E-MU XM7 Bookshelf Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87R

Anyone else notice their CPU fan ramped to 100 regardless of BIOS settings with this new BIOS? my EKWB DDC pump is set connected to my CPU PWM header and the pump ignores my BIOS setting and is ramping constantly.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 1700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4266C19D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1XFX Raadeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 NVME
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerCoolMaster Masterliquid 240
    CaseAero 500
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS

Quote Originally Posted by goon666 View Post
    Hello,

Owner of a CH7 for a week, I have not overcome many problems related to this board.

I run Linux on it, trying to do GPU passthrough virt is so far a nightmare (ordered a RX580 for the test, my HD7950 hates this mobo and it's restricted x4 port.
    Also disabling CSM to try to boot on pcie 2 x4 (CPU one, not the chipset one, it's x4 since I use there rest of the bandwith for my nvme RAID) is definitely a no-go, tried with GTX-1060/HD7950/GTX 760 none would allow me to boot on second GPU set as primary....

BUT far worse, nvme raid can easily just refuse to appear at boot, needing a reboot and/or clear CMOS and the like, or SATA drives.

I tested with 2 power blocks in case, 1000W so not the issue here (also they work perfectly fine elsewhere).

appart from that....boot lag, poor memory overclocking capabilties so far....

But once you're in it,and passed the boot , it's rock solid and efficient, no crash nor freezes on kernel 4.18....

SO THIS IS JUST BIOS ISSUES, FOR A 300€ MOBO, not providing a decent failproof BIOS sound like a scam X/

ASUS outta put the ressources to provide a decent piece of software to run the beast to its best.
    I'm not throwing a rock at the devs here, they must be outnumbered and squeezed, but this is a major BUMMER and it seems like no one cares.

Not talking overcloking, but just stability here, instead of putting its efforts into RGB leds I don't give a damn about.

I used to buy ASUS products with closed eyes, Intel mobos where grand... Hope it is gonna be resolved and I can't change my judgement, but if not then we should file a complaint here, or I want to be contacted by asus reps...
    There are many running Linux quite successfully - Many users are on this thread at OCN https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...hread-476.html and I'm sure if you post there you will get a response. Sorry can't be more helpful, but I've not used Linux much on this board yet.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Cross posting here since this seems like a good place too.

-----

A problem was introduced in the 1103 BIOS that causes Corsair products to misbehave. In my specific case my h150i cooler will repeatedly connect and disconnect, flipping from being a generic USB port to being recognized as a Corsair h150i and back again, over and over. I'd hoped that 1201 would have fixed the problem but that doesn't seem to be the case. (I'm also experiencing extreme mouse lag and hangs in BIOS in 1103 and 1201, anybody else?)

Forum user Arcanjo_Gabriel is having the same problem I am, and chose the same solution:

Dicehunter is experiencing problems with his Corsair Vengeance ram:

bkgolden is also having problems with his Corsair ram:

As are several others in that thread. I guess I'm the only person experiencing issues with the h150i specifically, but my problems started at the same time as everybody else's did. Could it be something with Corsair Commander or link or whatever it is maybe?

The iCUE software has been updated since the 1103 BIOS were released and the problems still remain, so whatever the problem is Corsair seems not to be able to program around it.

For the time being I'm rolling back to 1002, which was the last stable BIOS for me, and wait in hopes of a new release. Fingers crossed maybe the next next update will fix the problem.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast