cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL-AC88U IPV6 not using correct prefix!

skullyi
Level 7
Hi guys!

So I've been on the BT forums for the past few days trying to sort out my IPV6 issue with my new DSL-AC88U router (which by the way is fantastic!) but I can't get a WAN IPV6 address from BT.

Now the guys on the BT forum said my settings are fine but they agreed with me regarding the IPV6 prefix denotation being wrong. BT use a /56 prefix whereas my lovely new router is currently using a /64 prefix. Both me and them agree this is the issue but I'm unable to change these settings from within the latest Asus firmware ( V1.10.05 Build 503 latest as of 06/02/2018 ) so I've come here for help.

So a rundown of what I've done:
I've enabled the IPV6 Native setting in my config and it issues IP's but as stated above if I go to the log I don't get an IPV6 WAN address and I can't seem to ping out to any IPV6 addresses. This has been puzzling me for hours and I'm eager to get the IPV6 functionality working!

It's worth noting I've run the tests on ipv6-test.com and it gives me a fantastic 3/20!

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I've attached a Screenshot of my current IPV6 settings for convenience!

1 REPLY 1

bwjliverpool
Level 7
skullyi wrote:
Hi guys!

So I've been on the BT forums for the past few days trying to sort out my IPV6 issue with my new DSL-AC88U router (which by the way is fantastic!) but I can't get a WAN IPV6 address from BT.

Now the guys on the BT forum said my settings are fine but they agreed with me regarding the IPV6 prefix denotation being wrong. BT use a /56 prefix whereas my lovely new router is currently using a /64 prefix. Both me and them agree this is the issue but I'm unable to change these settings from within the latest Asus firmware ( V1.10.05 Build 503 latest as of 06/02/2018 ) so I've come here for help.

So a rundown of what I've done:
I've enabled the IPV6 Native setting in my config and it issues IP's but as stated above if I go to the log I don't get an IPV6 WAN address and I can't seem to ping out to any IPV6 addresses. This has been puzzling me for hours and I'm eager to get the IPV6 functionality working!

It's worth noting I've run the tests on ipv6-test.com and it gives me a fantastic 3/20!

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I've attached a Screenshot of my current IPV6 settings for convenience!

BUMP:BUMP:BUMP!

This has been an ongoing issue on the BT Community boards since 2017. ASUS how many millions of people do you think use modem routers in the UK with BT or their sub-sellers like PlusNet? This £250 bit of kit is pretty useless when it cannot connect to Native IPV6 because ASUS has not not updated the firmware (last update Dec 2018) to allow IPV6 connections with a /56 LAN prefix instead of standard /64 prefix. God knows how it can work in the DSL-AC-68U but not this router?

[My AC-68U fried by the way so ASUS can't excuse me of disloyalty when I thought I would replace it and "upgrade" to the DSL-AC88U].

When will it be sorted/does anyone have a workaround solution.?

I might even buy a Linksys at this rate.