cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Mark 1 x299 cause coil whine strix 1080 ti 11g oc

pantanero
Level 7
Hello, I have a Mark 1 x299 mobo and after several tests and parts exchange I noticed that it causes coil whine in my vga strix 1080ti, because on another motherboard the vga does not have coil whine. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there anything that can be done? I can not send to the RMA, because the global warranty of Asus does not apply to products bought in other countries, at least here in Brazil their policy works like this, something extremely unfair ...

My setup:
i7 7740X
Asus Mark 1 X299
Asus strix 1080 ti 11G OC
HyperX 16gb 3333mhz
Corsair TX850M
2 REPLIES 2

chevell65
Level 12
Coil whine usually has more to do with power delivery that is does with hardware. Quite a few complaints about the higher end GPU's having coil whine but replacing the GPU doesn't usually seem to fix it.

It seems apparent that you would have a better chance of fixing the issue by using a different power supply rather than replacing the GPU.

chevell65 wrote:
Coil whine usually has more to do with power delivery that is does with hardware. Quite a few complaints about the higher end GPU's having coil whine but replacing the GPU doesn't usually seem to fix it.

It seems apparent that you would have a better chance of fixing the issue by using a different power supply rather than replacing the GPU.

I do not know if my English was clear, because I do not speak fluently, but as I said I tested other components including two different psus and the problem is always the same, only when the VGA is connected in mobo asus mark 1 x299 it does the coil whine noise.