Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 - Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.21140 [Report if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
New firmware (3.0.0.4.384_21140) is now available for the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
Updates can be performed via web GUI or the ASUS Router mobile app.

Web GUI (router.asus.com):
Administration -> Firmware Upgrade

ASUS Router app:
More -> Firmware Update

Manual firmware update download here:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438421140.zip?_ga=2.209835024.44...

Release Notes:
- [GDPR/EULA] Bugs fix and update
- [DDNS] Improved DDNS service registration procedure under Load Balance mode when Dual WAN is enabled.
- [WAN] Improved mechanism for internet connection detection
- [AiMesh] Fixed AiMesh synchronization issue when Smart Connect is enabled
- [AiMEsh] Improved AiMesh node detection & notification mechanism
- [GUI] Fixed AiProtection bugs in GUI
- [GUI] Updated URL link for OpenVPN server FAQ

Please report in this thread if any issues, thanks!

MrAtoz
Level 8
Fusion VPN still does not work for me. As soon as I activate and apply my settings, I get the WAN connection absent error. Many people have posted Fusion VPN worked three firmwares ago, but now borks the router. Can you please post "detailed" instructions on how to downgrade the firmware. I've tried using a Mac, but the upload freezes at 80% every time and says "connection lost." Help please! I bought this router specifically for the Fusion VPN feature (that doesn't work with the current firmware.)

wifi is not working for me, I need to disable TONS of stuff for clients to even connect.
I either need to disable WPA security, OR turn off 5GHZ-2.

any other people facing this?
tks
Felipe

MrAtoz wrote:
Fusion VPN still does not work for me. As soon as I activate and apply my settings, I get the WAN connection absent error. Many people have posted Fusion VPN worked three firmwares ago, but now borks the router. Can you please post "detailed" instructions on how to downgrade the firmware. I've tried using a Mac, but the upload freezes at 80% every time and says "connection lost." Help please! I bought this router specifically for the Fusion VPN feature (that doesn't work with the current firmware.)

Reupload your openvpn file in the FusionVPN connection setting and re-save. Should get the VPN back up again.

Had to reboot the GT again this morning. I noticed that Merlin put out a new firmware update and loaded it up on my old RT-AC5300. It is running circles around the GT in almost every way. Getting better range and signal strength not to mention overall better network performance and stability. The ability to use STP (I have several bridges and AP's on my network) and fq_codel also helps to make a big difference (HINT, HINT Asus). The only real drawback is the lack of lan ports (4 instead of 8). The GT is going to "time out" until the next firmware update attempt.

blazer5
Level 7
cyberlipe, I too updated to this new FW and had same results as yourself. After the FW ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 - Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.21140 update from ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045, both do not fully support Fusion VPN with same results NO INTERNET or access to GUI after update. I took the oppurtunity to go back to the working FW ASUS FW Version 3.0.0.4.384.20648. I now have Fusion VPN back for all my devices, thank goodness ASUS got that FW RIGHT!!! All said I am talking about 24 or more hours of my time wasted due to ASUS lack of concern for customers like all of us trusting ASUS support. It will be a long time before another update for me. I am going to put this router up for sale soon and return to another NON ROG-ASUS router to deal with. I will even take a loss for this router, anyone want a great ROG Router for their use?

staticrp
Level 8
So did not fix the problem with IPTV Rostelecom :mad:
And why they removed the Russian language?

PPPoE is not working on this firmware.
I'm using a correct username and password and the router says `connection refused` on the logs.

I know its not an ISP issue, or ISP modem issue, since the internet is working , when I test it with another router from Asus.

cyberlipe wrote:
PPPoE is not working on this firmware.
I'm using a correct username and password and the router says `connection refused` on the logs.

I know its not an ISP issue, or ISP modem issue, since the internet is working , when I test it with another router from Asus.

Check setting in WAN/ Enable VPN + DHCP Connection , when mine was set on I could not connect via PPPOE.

Mark

MarkSW
Level 8
21140 Game IPS - Two-Way IPS still shows client as MAC Address not IP or custom name. Difficult to know at a glance which PC is affected.