CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniu View Post
    If I activate Quality of Service (QoS), it removes between 100 and 200 Mbps of speed, in the rest of network, I had the Bandwidth Limiter active, for a PC, but it slowed down in others doing the speed tests
    The buttons (WPS, LED, WIFI) sometimes do not work are blocked, I have to reboot system, if I want to use them.
    If I access the router for any reason to consult traffic analyzer for example, and not reboot system, when leaving, then wireless scheduler does not work!!
    It is pity so many failures, hardware is very good!!!!

QoS needs to stay enabled on the router to achieve higher speeds(Any router is like this). You don't need to have QoS enabled on your boxes. example win10 etc...

ROG Enthusiast Array spadizzle PC Specs
    spadizzle PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI and Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 1700x and Threadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080
    Sound Cardbuilt-in
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 950 pro SSD
    CPU CoolerH115i
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse G903
    Mouse Pad Powerplay
    OS Win10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear

Quote Originally Posted by stefan063 View Post
    YEP! Exactly the same problem here. Never had issues with disconnecting users from any WIFI band,but now dropping users from any WIFI band and very bad QoS work... Basically not working. When it ramps up internet usage, GT disconnects every user from WIFI and LAN then comes back On-Line after few secs.

Be sure to check/adjust settings under (Sub your local router IP) http://192.168.0.1/Advanced_Smart_Connect.asp It will connect WiFI clients to the appropriate WiFi Band depending on signal level.

At times I have noticed it goes kind of berzerk in switching one of my tablets until it finally settles on the 2.4GHZ. It is a device that I use on the other side of the house. I haven't noticed any mass disconnections of any sort on 3.0.0.4.384_21140. You can disable the smart connect rule also if you so desire under the WiFi tab.

5GHZ does allow higher speeds, but doesn't fair as well as 2.4GHZ does going through walls. Especially in Florida where your dealing with Cinderblock walls.

Another thing, be sure to maximize the distance of your router from any window frames in house, the frames can cause issues also.

Hope any of this helps. Take care!

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis_Tron View Post
    You are talking about clients and not WAN connection correct? If so I just moved my PC from port1 to port8 but still have the issue.

Edit: I take that back. Steam was updating a game in the background when I ran that last test. I'll rock with port 8 for a while and see how it is. Either way, come on Asus.
    I had a throttling issue with mainly ports 1 and 2 where if I added an manual IP and applied it, the router would slow down to 10Mbps causing everything to slow down to a crawl. I have Win 10 and if I go into the network control panel/adapter and disable an re-enable the adapter, it would negotiate back to full speed.
    Next time it does it run a speed test at speedtest.net and check the speed. If it is low do the adapter disable/re-enable and run the test.
    I want to see if you have the same issue that I have.

Mark

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniu View Post
    If I activate Quality of Service (QoS), it removes between 100 and 200 Mbps of speed, in the rest of network, I had the Bandwidth Limiter active, for a PC, but it slowed down in others doing the speed tests
    The buttons (WPS, LED, WIFI) sometimes do not work are blocked, I have to reboot system, if I want to use them.
    If I access the router for any reason to consult traffic analyzer for example, and not reboot system, when leaving, then wireless scheduler does not work!!
    It is pity so many failures, hardware is very good!!!!
    Same problem here. Ran a few tests making sure only one device was connected to the GT. Setting QOS to Adaptive with automatic takes out about 25% of download speeds for me. Losing 30-40mbps on manual settings as well. Disabling QOS corrects the issue but then buffer bloat becomes an issue. For testing purposes, swapped out the GT and put in my RT-AC5300 running Merlin's firmware, enabled QOS using fq codel and manually entering my speeds. No issues, speeds are what they are supposed to be. If you only have a few devices on your network and buffer bloat isn't an issue, disable QOS as you likely woulnd't benefit from it. If you need QOS, try using traditional setting and manually entering your speeds.
    If you don't need traffic analyzer, disable it, that's been a issue from the beginning. In fact, I would recommend a factory restore after disabling it as simply turning it off in previous firmware releases didn't stop the freezing up problem. Truth be told, less is more when it comes to the GT, the more things you enable, the less stable it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by chris k View Post
    Truth be told, less is more when it comes to the GT, the more things you enable, the less stable it becomes.
    Totally agree

ROG Enthusiast Array bogdi1988 PC Specs
    bogdi1988 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)2019 Macbook Pro 15.6 / Pixelbook
    MotherboardAsus Zenith Extreme II
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 3970x
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C18D-32GTZN x2
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII + EKWB waterblock
    MonitorSamsung 49" CHG90
    Storage #12x MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro 500GB RAID 0
    Storage #24x Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB RAID 0
    CPU CoolerWatercool Heatkiller IV
    CaseCorsair 1000D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Ergodox EZ Glow
    Mouse Corsair Ironclaw
    Headset Sennheiser Momentum 3
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed Extended
    Headset/Speakers Samsung HW-K460
    OS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
    Network RouterASUS GT-AX11000

Quote Originally Posted by MrAtoz View Post
    Fusion VPN still does not work for me. As soon as I activate and apply my settings, I get the WAN connection absent error. Many people have posted Fusion VPN worked three firmwares ago, but now borks the router. Can you please post "detailed" instructions on how to downgrade the firmware. I've tried using a Mac, but the upload freezes at 80% every time and says "connection lost." Help please! I bought this router specifically for the Fusion VPN feature (that doesn't work with the current firmware.)
    Reupload your openvpn file in the FusionVPN connection setting and re-save. Should get the VPN back up again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Going back to RT-AC5300

Had to reboot the GT again this morning. I noticed that Merlin put out a new firmware update and loaded it up on my old RT-AC5300. It is running circles around the GT in almost every way. Getting better range and signal strength not to mention overall better network performance and stability. The ability to use STP (I have several bridges and AP's on my network) and fq_codel also helps to make a big difference (HINT, HINT Asus). The only real drawback is the lack of lan ports (4 instead of 8). The GT is going to "time out" until the next firmware update attempt.

Banned Array

They need to remove some of the gimmicky stuff in this router like Game Radar and make them add on packs. They need to also concentrate on the stability issues with this router and also try and get Merlin involved with this router - his firmware is great. Must be embarrassing to Asus that someone who does this part time, puts out a more stable firmware than their engineers.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSW View Post
    They need to remove some of the gimmicky stuff in this router like Game Radar and make them add on packs. They need to also concentrate on the stability issues with this router and also try and get Merlin involved with this router - his firmware is great. Must be embarrassing to Asus that someone who does this part time, puts out a more stable firmware than their engineers.
    Totally agree. The GT could be a beast if it was stable and running Merlin's firmware but yes, all the gimmicky stuff would have to go before he might consider making firmware for it. Maybe Asus could make a new fork in the firmware something like a lite version without all the unnecessary things. Hell, it might make their jobs easier in fixing the stability issues. I really hope that they think things through BEFORE they release the ax routers.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

new firmware. when is it coming?

new firmware. when is it coming?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast