cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL503 VD buzzing sound

danzter
Level 7
I recently bought a Asus GL503 VD-FY254T. When i started playing videos in the browser or media player i started to hear a buzzing sound from the left side of the laptop. It mainly occurred during the Vocals of the videos. I replaced it with another laptop from the same distributor, but it had the same issue. I first thought its due to the faulty left speaker, but later i started to believe its the chassis of the laptop vibrating hence causing the buzzing sound. Iam still not sure of what the actual reason is. I did try by putting Sonic Studio 3 off but the issue still remained. I want to know is it common in this laptop or is it a manufacturing defect in a certain batch of laptops from the company?
1 REPLY 1

jurosora
Level 7
danzter wrote:
I recently bought a Asus GL503 VD-FY254T. When i started playing videos in the browser or media player i started to hear a buzzing sound from the left side of the laptop. It mainly occurred during the Vocals of the videos. I replaced it with another laptop from the same distributor, but it had the same issue. I first thought its due to the faulty left speaker, but later i started to believe its the chassis of the laptop vibrating hence causing the buzzing sound. Iam still not sure of what the actual reason is. I did try by putting Sonic Studio 3 off but the issue still remained. I want to know is it common in this laptop or is it a manufacturing defect in a certain batch of laptops from the company?

Hi, look at this link " https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?103230-Asus-ROG-Strix-GL503GE-SCAR-wrong-ram-slot-scratchy... " and check if it is the noise that you hear.