cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme - PC Won't Restart Nor Shutdown

OnTheRise
Level 7
Hi,

First post. I was about to reformat and rebuild my PC. Ever since I updated to BIOS 1401 (cleared CMOS), did the ME firmware update (confirmed successful in BIOS), updated MEI software, and updated to Windows 10 1803. my PC will not restart or shutdown. Everything closes out and I get past the shutting down screen, the monitor goes blank, but nothing happens. All my lights on hardware stop.

I think I have narrowed it down to Intel Management Engine (I don't have RST installed btw). Anytime I downgrade or upgrade Intel MEI software I can restart or shutdown TWO (2) times. On the third and subsequent try I am right back in the same spot.

I have gone into Intel MEI's Power Management options and unchecked allowing the device to be turned off to save power.

I have also reset to default my power profiles for the PC.

I also do not have hibernate enabled and the 'Turn on fast startup' does not exist on my PC.

I am at a loss! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or pointers before I rebuilt. Thank you for your time and assistance in advance.

My specs because I am sure I will get asked:
ASUS Rampage VI Extreme
Intel i7 9860
GSkill Trident Z RAM 64gb
ASUS GTX 1080 Ti
EVGA 1600 T2 PSU
Samsung 960 Pro NVME
3 REPLIES 3

OnTheRise
Level 7
Cool....glad to know I bought a board that has a terrible, inactive community.

Problem fixed through rebuild and using older versions of crappy ASUS software.

First and last ASUS board.

/thread

OnTheRise wrote:
Cool....glad to know I bought a board that has a terrible, inactive community.

Problem fixed through rebuild and using older versions of crappy ASUS software.

First and last ASUS board.

/thread

I am sorry that you feel you have had a bad experience on this forum, but people are normally quite responsive on here - maybe people are busy doing other things in the nice weather. It is a shame that your experience of Asus has got off to a bad start, but don't throw out the baby with the bath water just yet. I have had Asus boards for many years, and by and large they have all been good, but there are always problems on occasions with any boards.

As a matter of interest - what did you do to fix your issues? I would suggest you perhaps use alternative softwares rather than Asus - as they are somewhat un reliable. This aspect of Asus is annoying, and all us users are hoping that one day they will make decent, reliable software to accompany their boards.

I am sure you will enjoy your system now that it is working ok - stick with it, and see how you go.

Mark:)

restsugavan
Level 13
Core i7 9860 ? Where did you get those CPU? . Maybe ROG 6 EXTREME can not working with those CPU.:p

Please check your motherboard CPU support first here. :cool:
https://www.asus.com/th/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_CPU/
W11CANARY 26200.5001 Core i9 7980XE 02007108 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E Modified BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 552.22 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X