Thread: Audio drivers

ROG Enthusiast Array

Audio drivers

I have the Z270F motherboard , and installed the latest audio from the Asus site,which is 8273 , from 9 months ago , the actual driver is 9 months old, i know from experience that Realtek update their drivers at the very least twice a month, making them sound better.

What i would like to do is completely get rid of the ones Asus have and use the Realtek ones , i dont care about the effects inside Sonic Studio 3 , they in my opinion sound garbage anyway.

So what are the steps for completely removing Asus sound and going with Realtek official

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Use UnInstall.cmd contained in the driver installation package (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/....8273_WHQL.zip) to remove all ASUS elements as well as Realtek drivers.

Once it's done, here are the latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers 6.0.1.8480 WHQL :
    Code:
    Win 7 > Win 10 x32/x64
    PackageVersion = PG467
    DriverVer=07/03/2018, 6.0.1.8480
    Download : http://download1929.mediafire.com/7e..._Win7_WHQL.zip

Thank you .
    Done all that , i now have the latest 8480 drivers installed , but i do not see any enhancements like loudness equalisation when i go into the properties of my speakers.
    How do i get the equaliser and loudness equalisation to show up ?

Dan

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

You have three choices :

1) Use Realtek/ASUS drivers paired with Nahimic (Sonic Studio) : Use Sonic Studio for all that is enhancement in addition to what is visible in Realtek HD Audio Manager

2) Use Realtek drivers only (no enhancement possible in addition to what is visible in the Realtek HD Audio Manager)

3) Use Microsoft drivers only (no Realtek HD audio manager in Win32, but possible enhancement via the properties and possible installation of a dedicated UWP GUI via the Microsoft Store (equivalent to the Realtek HD audio manager in Win32)

Install for 1) choice : Install the latest 6.0.1.8382 Realtek/ASUS drivers provided by ASUS (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/....8382_0412.zip) then install following the latest updated 6.0.1.8485 Realtek drivers (FF03, with Nahimic integration : http://download1959.mediafire.com/1i..._Win7_WHQL.zip)

Install for 2) choice : Install the latest 6.0.1.8485 Realtek drivers only (FF00, without Nahimic integration : http://download2324.mediafire.com/lm..._Win7_WHQL.zip)

Install for 3) choice : Uninstall Realtek or Realtek/ASUS drivers that you have for that the Microsoft drivers to automatically install themselves, once installed, the GUI UWP should automatically install following this.
    Can you explain the first choice (1) more please ?
    So i would end up with Sonic studio and the latest Realtek drivers ?

What are correct steps for doing the first choice ?

Thanks so much for all your help

Dan

ROG Enthusiast Array geniusdevil PC Specs
    geniusdevil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G30AB
    MotherboardASUSTeK G30AB Z87 Chipset
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 4 Core(s)
    Memory (part number)16GB DIMM DDR3 1600 MHz clocked @ 1605 MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX 960 OCDC2 2GB
    MonitorHP w2558C Vivid Color Widescreen LCD Monitor 25.5"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB on AHCI
    Storage #2Toshiba SATA HDD 3TB on AHCI
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseASUS G30AB
    Power Supply700W
    Keyboard SteelSeries 6G V2
    Mouse Logitech G500s Gaming Mouse
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries
    Headset/Speakers SteelSeries
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAirport Extreme

I have played that game very much so, and quite many times. Installing ASUS, uninstalling, MS update, Realtek drivers page... and in the end, I settled with ASUS drivers that originally came with the PC(Win8x64, no Win8.1x64 bs to start with). Drivers 'eh... they are like nightmares when you start playing with them. That's why it's said, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"... but, we all get bored and love updating our stuff without realizing how we all have different configurations, systems, components, watts, mhz etc., and yet these tech companies keep testing their new drivers on us(sheep). Imagine how much it would cost them if they were to test, let's say even 100 different configs/setups.

Alright, to solve your problem:
    I don't know if you still have your original Windows that the PC came with, or you have your own. Any updates you did? UEFI, i suppose?
    Start with a first initial-base, that is installing a pure, clean original OEM Windows the PC came with -- no added baggage(PCI cards, external card readers n stuff, even removing that Realtek cable for frontpanel). Once, that's done... install your chipset with this command ( ...../setup.exe -OVERALL -OVERWRITE -OVERIDE) <--- very important, cuz the idiot MS chipset drivers will do their dirty magic as you update stuff in the future. After that, install Intel IMEI(original one, not the updated/latest one). Yeah, some might argue, "But hey, that's a backdoor for Intel Corp to spy on us. Well, partially true, but not entirely. IMEI really helps your drivers and components do as they are programmed to do(by ASUS), and not installing have taught me many lessons. Like, my several tests with MS Intel IME 11.5 version. I couldn't use the one-button-overcock feature i have on my G30AB PC, within Windows that is. That IMEI tells your system what effects, voltage, mhz and acceleration to use.
    Install Network LAN card driver.... I usually check only the first box(drivers), because installing everything screwsup with my Ralink wireless lancard, Intel somehow loves to combine both I1217-V Ethernet controller and Ralink 802.11n bg Wifi lancard.... causing system hangs and bluescreen during updates.
    Next, install your Realtek drivers now.
    Also, i noticed that my i74770k comes with integrated graphics + wireless display feature... and by not enabling in the bios, and not bringing the components into the Device manager, my realtek sound component performed poorly, i don't know why.... but after installing windows, i would go to uefi and enable integrated iGPU, restart, and then let Windows install the drivers (Graphics + Audio). Restart and then BIOS, disable the iGPU, and back to Windows. I know the drivers are disabled/not functioning, but for some reason -- this technique solved the sudden audio boost/cranking sound issues... your ASUS drivers come with ACPI power service too(atkexCom, i believe), it's important to run ASUS audio drivers by clicking ASUS.EXE. Cuz then it will install that service which handles the watts i believe. You won't experience volume going low and high, or too much bass...

Once, that's done.... update your Windows to Windows 10 and let Windows update the drivers for you. But never pick it up by installing fresh/latest drivers... i always start with the base, and then install the updated one over it.

Question: Do you have that ASUS AudioWizard? They added that in Win 8.1 drivers, i believe. Try with and without it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	237 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	74738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	350.9 KB 
ID:	74739
    Code:

ROG Enthusiast Array

- Uninstall the current drivers Realtek HD Audio Drivers 6.0.1.8480 WHQL (FF00 - No Integration) you previously installed
    - Install the latest drivers Realtek/ASUS HD Audio Drivers 6.0.1.8382 WHQL (FF03 - Nahimic/Sonic Studio Integration + Nahimic/Sonic Studio & Sonic Radar) provided by ASUS : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/....8382_0412.zip
    - Install the latest drivers Realtek HD Audio Drivers 6.0.1.8485 WHQL (FF03 - Nahimic/Sonic Studio Integration) : http://download1959.mediafire.com/1i..._Win7_WHQL.zip
    Are you sure these are for a Z270F motherboard ?

And on the second file do i update or install over the top of the first one ?

Thanks
    Dan

ROG Member Array BobaBrett313 PC Specs
    BobaBrett313 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700k @5.2Ghz
    Memory (part number)32Gb G Skill TridentZ (4x8Gb) F4-3200C16-8GTZB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070sc
    Sound CardOn Board
    Monitor(1)Dell 1440p 144Hz Gsync 27"(2) Samsung 75Hz 27"
    Storage #1Micron_M600_MTFDDAY256MBF
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB & 4x 2tb baracuda drives
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT Kraken x62 (aio)
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 750 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G912 Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad Logitech Cloth Mat
    Headset/Speakers Logitech THX 2.1 Z623
    OS Windows 10 DualBoot Linux Mint
    Network RouterLinksys WRT3200ACM
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Elite Controller Racing Games.

Hi,

Yes it's OK for Z270-F, and yes you have to install over the top of the first one to update it.
    I have the z270 maximus code ix do these drivers work they seems to be for the same hardware. For test I updated Sonic Studio III and it worked. But Im in the same boat as the other guy/gal. Asus seems to have stop supporting z270 boards.. latest ddriver is for aura .. lol So Id love to know if this works? And the last page that leads to mediafire is down or was taken down.

If you could update taht link or reupload?

Thank you for any help =)

BobaBrett313 PC Specs
    Sound CardOn Board
    Mouse Logitech G502

Thank you!

Hi,

Latest drivers Realtek HD Audio Drivers 6.0.1.8536 WHQL (HDA / FF03 - Nahimic/Sonic Studio 3 Integration) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/j6yd15..._Win7_WHQL.zip
    Thank you very much worked great! Where would one find these I dont want to ask you all the time? lol
    And have you messed with APO driver to install other effect apps like Dolby APX and SBX720?

ROG Enthusiast Array pokuly PC Specs
    pokuly PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS PRIME Z370-A
    ProcessorSpectre inside i7 8700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 970 SC
    MonitorASUS VN279QLB@75Hz
    CPU CoolerThermalright Macho
    Power SupplySuperflower 550W

Quote Originally Posted by BobaBrett313 View Post
    Thank you very much worked great! Where would one find these I dont want to ask you all the time? lol
    And have you messed with APO driver to install other effect apps like Dolby APX and SBX720?
    Here they regulary mention the latest drivers and howtos: https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...rt=222&lang=en

BobaBrett313 PC Specs
    Sound CardOn Board
    Mouse Logitech G502

Thank you Again!

If you are on Windows 10 64 bit 1709 or more recent I advise you to uninstall your current HDA (traditional) drivers then install UAD (new generation) drivers : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...altek-HD-Audio

Via this same thread you will always find the latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD / ASUS - Nahimic/Sonic Studio 3 Integration) in date for ROG Maximus IX/X/XI & ROG Strix Z270/Z370/Z390 Gaming motherboards (Last version : 6.0.1.8549 WHQL [02/10/2018]).
    You are amazing thank you for all your help =) Love your thread I have been trying to figure out how to get those and people said it might be iffy to try since it needed HWID or somthing. Anyways I will uninstall everything I just installed and try the new UAD hope they work better.

New ROGer Array

Hi,

I have a problem with the audio on the ROG STRIX H370-F GAMING motherboard since about 2 weeks ago.
    It's probably started after windows version update.

On the taskbar, there is a red X on the audio symbol, saying 'no audio output device is installed'. Trying to press on it using the troubleshooter doesn't solve the problem.

In device manager, the 'sound, video and games controllers' is missing
    Only under 'system devices' there is 'High Definition Audio controller' with error.
    Pressing it shows error 'code 10'. It shows that the manufacturer is Microsoft while my audio related to Realtek.
    Trying to update it from the internet / windows update / existing driver files doesn't work. It tells that it has the latest driver.
    Removing it and it returns after restart.
    Also tried to remove using drivers software such as driver easy.

On the bios, the HD Audio is enabled.

I tried to install windows 10 recovery with the ISO (installation with saving personal files option) and it didn't fix the issue.
    Tried many other things from the internet which didn't help.

I don't want to re-install clean windows installation since my system is complex.

I looked for new drivers on your site - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...Desk_Download/

There is Realtek audio driver Version 6.0.1.8339 which I installed initially and it worked until the issue started. I tried other versions of the Realtek audio I found on the net and other ROG motherboards without success.

Can you please assist?

Thank you.

http://www.itzikdiy.com
    Last edited by itzik; 01-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.