cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gladius 2 mouse feet

xiaokaka
Level 7
Thinking to get a Gladius 2 within the next few weeks to replace my Deathadder. tried the Gladius 2 in store and really happy with the feel.

But noticed the teflon feets are so tiny, i'd imagine it needs to be changed more often than other mice so i searched in ebay, amazon, aliexpress...

There is NONE?! local retailers do not have this in store as well... so now im wondering if i should get the gladius 2 or stick back to deathadder since there are heaps of parts and teflon feets sold online cheap as chips
2 REPLIES 2

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Gladius II was designed with the same feet as the popular Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 so that you can find readily available replacements at a good price.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The Gladius II was designed with the same feet as the popular Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 so that you can find readily available replacements at a good price.

This is not true. The 3.0 feet are about 18,1*7,8 mm while the Gladius II's are about 17,5*7,6. This means the 3.0 skates will not fit in the socket and are impossible to mount flat. I ran into this issue myself and this statement was unfortunately why. I tried contacting ASUS but they just gave me a nonsense response. I cannot reuse my old feet and are now stuck without replacements. So DO NOT try to use Intellimouse 3.0 feet, they WILL NOT fit on the Gladius II (at least the Origin, I find it hard to believe they've changed sizes between the non-Origin and Origin).

EDIT:

I could not find any other alternatives unfortunately, there's nothing in that size (or close to it below) available as far as I can tell. As they're so close in size I "solved" this by modifying the IE 3.0 Hyperglides. I used very fine (1200 grit) wet sanding paper, removed the adhesive and carefully removed ~0.5mm on the pointy ends and ~0.2mm on the sides (keeping the shape as best I could) and then rounded the edges again. Then I applied some generic double sided tape. This works but is from ideal and takes a lot of work and patience.

It's very unfortunate that, what I assume is an official ASUS rep, gives false information like this. This info is also circulating on other forums and even reviews.