cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG GL702VS not working after Windows 10 1803 update

jalhpepe
Level 7
So...After a system update, the keyboard has stopped working for the second time in less than a year. I ahve contacted Asus support but I'm out of warranty. Either Asus is not providing the correct drivers for this keyboard, or Microsoft is pushing bad drivers... I have tried:

Factory reset, tried using third party tools to find missing drivers, uninstalling and then installing ATK, search for local drivers, and nothing has fixed this issue. At first i though of a bad driver configuration, but it didn't strike me an update could potentially messed up the keyboard settings to the point of total destruction. I booted into a live Ubuntu USB and the keyboard works perfectly fine. I'm thinking of finding someone with Win 10 1709 or earlier to get a copy of their keyboard drivers and try to use these on my Win 10 1803. Any recommendations ?
4 REPLIES 4

FastM
Level 8
Something weird is going on with your windows install.

You have to do a format / fresh install of windows.

I don’t think it’s a driver issue, sound more like a corrupt file.. or else there would be tons of people affected by this issue..*

jalhpepe
Level 7
yeah, the Windows updated messed up the drivers. I was able to fix it by going into device manager, right click the device, then update driver,. then browse my computer, then let me pick from a list, and picked the HID -compliant device. This made the keyboard work again.

jalhpepe wrote:
yeah, the Windows update messed up the drivers. I was able to fix it by going into device manager, right click the device, then update driver,. then browse my computer, then let me pick from a list, and picked the HID -compliant device. This made the keyboard work again.

HI, can u please tell me what have u done exactly? cuz I'm facing the same problem!

This is what fixed it for my GL702VS that had all keys not working in Windows/BIOS apart from power button. The fix is for many different GL series laptops.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool/page12

My keyboard is now working 100%.