cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERO X - 8700k does not go to basic speed (always 5 Ghz(

Atifan
Level 7
Hi, I have an ASUS Maximus Hero X, overclocked my CPU to 5 Ghz in Adaptive Mode.
In idle my cpu is always on 5 Ghz and not goes down.
Someone know why?
I have Asus MultiCore Enhancement disabled.
Windows 10 Power Profile is not the problem.
My Bios settings are in attachement.
5 REPLIES 5

will_s
Level 7
no way am I going to download a zip file that could have anything on it..................unzip it and put it all in the post
will

will_s wrote:
no way am I going to download a zip file that could have anything on it..................unzip it and put it all in the post

Stop being paranoid, there's nothing wrong with the Zip file I've ran scans on it with MWB and Defender.

no1yak wrote:
Stop being paranoid, there's nothing wrong with the Zip file I've ran scans on it with MWB and Defender.

I dont have any security problems on my system and that's due not to downloading files from people that I do not know

Its a simple method and pretty good
will

chevell65
Level 12
Having your power plan set to 'balanced' should take care of that for you. If not then it's likely that your Windows 10 image is somehow corrupted.
Go to Start > type cmd > launch Command Prompt as an Admin
Type the following commands and hit Enter: After it completes the image cleanup restart the machine and see if that fixes the issue.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Spartanjet
Level 7
Atifan wrote:
Hi, I have an ASUS Maximus Hero X, overclocked my CPU to 5 Ghz in Adaptive Mode.
In idle my cpu is always on 5 Ghz and not goes down.
Someone know why?
I have Asus MultiCore Enhancement disabled.
Windows 10 Power Profile is not the problem.
My Bios settings are in attachement.

Sounds like you have your windows 10 power profile on high performance rather than balanced. Coming from the 5930k which I always used to leave my power profile at High performance, it doesn't work like that on this platform. You must use balanced.