cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C7H - How to get system to boot to NVMe by default

Cain_Eyebright
Level 7
OK, I'm probably missing something simple here, but I cannot get the bios to put the m.2 drive in the boot order on a new build.
I *can* boot to it from the override list though, so I know the drive itself works. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Ryzen 7 2700X
Samsung 970 Evo (currently in m2.2)
Bios v702

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Mordorr
Level 8
Do you have any more HD conected? Did you put the M2 on the slot more down?

No issues with mine here....

syldon
Level 9
Cain Eyebright wrote:
OK, I'm probably missing something simple here, but I cannot get the bios to put the m.2 drive in the boot order on a new build.
I *can* boot to it from the override list though, so I know the drive itself works. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Ryzen 7 2700X
Samsung 970 Evo (currently in m2.2)
Bios v702

Thanks

You should be able to set it as a boot priority in the bios listed on page 3-21 in the manual.

Having your M2 drive running in slot 2.2 will reduce the PCI lane allocation to your gfx card by half. Your first M2 drive is best when using the slot 2.1. The one that does not have a heat shield on it.

Yes, it was having the issue in either slot. I did move it back to m2.1 to avoid stealing the lanes from the video card though.

That being said, I did get it to work finally last night, though I'm not sure what setting change I did that worked. For a time, I reversed the issue somehow and only the m.2 was available in the boot order, but I finally got it all working...just wish I knew how exactly.