cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution to a problem : ROG Areion 10G Ethernet Code 10

_VR__Sphere
Level 7
Device Manager : Code 10, the drivers or hardware failed to start.
Your motherboard is reporting an error that says, PCI Bus Enumeration 32 on posting of the system.

One or both of these things show up and you are banging your head against a wall wondering why your expensive 10G card is not working. Here is the solution that actually works.

Re-seat the Ethernet card into the PCI Express slot. If that fails, try again. There is probably nothing wrong with your card. For example with mine, I had to not screw it into the chassi, and instead make sure it's seated perfectly into the PCI Express slot.

I hope whoever found this thread is able to benefit from my hours of frustration. 😉
2 REPLIES 2

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you purchase the NIC separately? May be useful to mention which motherboard and slots you tested, even the chassis.

_VR__Sphere
Level 7
I purchased the NIC separately. This is what I am using :

http://i65.tinypic.com/fux24y.png

This was testing slots 2, 3, and 4 of the motherboard, as well as taking the card over to a second computer, where it worked just fine over there. The issue in my case was when screwing the card into the chassi. The Thermaltake Core V51 Mid-Tower Chassi looks like any other kind of case. But as for the second machine, it is a mini-itx computer, the Silverstone ML08 chassi. The mounting of the ML08 is much different to that of a standard case, and thus does not encounter problems. Of course none of this would be an issue if there was a locking mechanism to hold the card in place. But take a look at it's size versus a full slot. 😛