cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARGB Header and ASUS Aura

zacattack1996
Level 7
Hey everyone I have 2 200m adressable RGB fans from my case (coolermaster h500m). My motherboard is the maximus x formula and i have the 2 fans connected to the included controller and then connected to the 3 pin ARGB connection. I am unable to change the color at all. It just stays a flashing red color. What am I doing wrong?
8 REPLIES 8

anwar8968
Level 7
I connect all my fans via the 12V RGB Header (4 pin)

TBH I'm not even sure if thats an option for these fans.

zacattack1996 wrote:
TBH I'm not even sure if thats an option for these fans.

Sorry i misread the ARGB part.

Basically the case came with an ARGB controller.
Connect the fan cable to the included 3 way splitter and connect it to the fan module on the mobo.
Connect the 2 cables from the fans to an ARGB cable (included) to the ARGB Controller box that came with your case.
From there connect the Micro USB Cable from the ARGB Controller Box to the USB 2.0 Module on your mobo.

Hope that helps.

I have done all that. I dont think its a hardware problem unless I got a faulty cable.

F0x135
Level 8
I have the new Coolermaster AIO ML240R which is ARGB, connected via a hub/contoller. The instructions provided were literally written by aliens, but i managed to get the ARGB in sync with Aura by having the CM software installed and selecting 'motherboard'. For lights.

Does your fans / controller need the Coolermaster software also?

You can also try plugging one of the fans straight into the ARGB port just to see if the port actually works.

F0x135 wrote:
I have the new Coolermaster AIO ML240R which is ARGB, connected via a hub/contoller. The instructions provided were literally written by aliens, but i managed to get the ARGB in sync with Aura by having the CM software installed and selecting 'motherboard'. For lights.

Does your fans / controller need the Coolermaster software also?

You can also try plugging one of the fans straight into the ARGB port just to see if the port actually works.

The cooler master software worked! Thank you!!!

zacattack1996 wrote:
The cooler master software worked! Thank you!!!

Hi, may i know what is the software? And do you need to connect it with the controller?

What i am having now is the Cooler Master ML120R RGB connected to the ARGB header on my X740F motherboard and the RGB effect is just a thin line rather than the whole pump. zzz

TYIA!

carlosriosness
Level 7
any other tips to get cooler masters argb coolers to work with aura. i have a ml120-r and a z390i. my phanteks case is plugged into the 4 pin rgb header and seems to sink fine. my corsair ram syncs fine.

i tried with and without the controller. right now i have the pumps argb cable plugged directly into the argb header (not extension, splitter or controller is being used). the pumps light is stuck on green.

aura has an input box to put how many addressable led's there are. i put 12. i installed cooler masters "lighting control", it shows "aura plugin" but its greyed out, not sure how to install the plugin. others on cooler masters forum said they got it to work by just opening both companies software. sadly that doesnt work for me.
IX Formula and Z390i