cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A plea to Asus to keep your ROG motherboard chipsets up-to-date

Riekopo
Level 9
This is something that I've noticed is a problem with Asus. Intel and AMD come out with chipset updates every once in a while. I have a Ryzen 7 1800X CPU and an Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard. If I go to the Asus support page for my mobo the chipset driver there is out of date by months (February). It shouldn't be hard for Asus to keep these up to date considering how infrequently AMD/Intel release new chipsets.

In fact, Asus needs to do a better job updating their drivers in general. People like myself pay big bucks to get a top of the line motherboard. They should be supported with software and drivers for many years.
1 REPLY 1

brkkab123
Level 7
I've noticed that Asus also doesn't care about updating anything on previous Asus parts once they release a newer version.
I'm in the slow process of doing a Ryzen upgrade.
I have the AMD R7 2700X cup already.
The motherboard is next and I'm thoroughly going through research on every X470 mobo. before I decide on the one I'm getting.
The fam's the second easy choice, either G-Skill Flare X DDR4 3200 or G-Skill Sniper X DDR4 3400-3466.
Weird that the fastest Sniper X DDR4 3466 is cheaper than the other 2 Sniper X DDR4 34** and Flare X DDR4 3200 ram.