MotherboardG531GU
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 9750H
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2666
    Graphics Card #1Intel UHD 630
    Graphics Card #2nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
    Storage #1Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVME

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi,

Seems like it's related to the touchpad delay setting that was removed in later Windows 10 versions as mentioned at the Microsoft answers page below.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...630287e?page=3

If you don't mind changing your touchpad sensitivity setting to 'most sensitive' from 'medium', it seems like this will automatically change that registry setting to remove the touchpad delay, so you don't even need to edit the registry (and probably why Microsoft removed the touchpad delay setting?).
    Thank you for your response
    This solution didn't solved my issue.

New ROGer Array

NOT an isolated issue! Five out of five separate ASUS gaming laptops with exactly the same problem (three GL503 models and a GL504GM-WH71). My latest, a GL531GU-WB74, is an upgrade replacement from ASUS, with the others having been returned to retailer. I've tried all logical fixes besides disassembly of the unit. Works fine with an external Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad, so I'm thinking it's a hardware issue. This will be my 5th RMA on an ASUS gaming laptop in eight months, and I fear my luck may soon run out with my unit being damaged or lost during transit. This is a shame (sham) since ASUS products have served me so well in the past. I guess I'm screwed!

QUESTION: How do you fix an ASUS laptop?
    ANSWER: Buy a DELL or an HP.
    Last edited by drkdckrsn; 12-24-2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason: clarification

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill_dm View Post
    Nope, only silence from both ASUS and Micro Center. Not happy.

In the meantime I also ran memtest86 which came back clean after 4 passes.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but there does seem to be a "sweet spot" on the trackpad. I guess I'm getting used to it because I haven't noticed the issue as much over the last week.

If you decide to RMA, let me know how it goes. I probably won't be far behind.
    NOT an isolated issue! Five out of five separate ASUS gaming laptops with exactly the same problem (three GL503 models and a GL504GM-WH71). My latest, a GL531GU-WB74, is an upgrade replacement from ASUS, with the others having been returned to retailer. I've tried all logical fixes besides disassembly of the unit. Works fine with an external Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad, so I'm thinking it's a hardware issue. This will be my 5th RMA on an ASUS gaming laptop in eight months, and I fear my luck may soon run out with my unit being damaged or lost during transit. This is a shame (sham) since ASUS products have served me so well in the past. I guess we're screwed!

QUESTION: How do you fix an ASUS laptop?
    ANSWER: Buy a DELL or an HP.
    Last edited by drkdckrsn; 12-24-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: clarification

New ROGer Array

Same here, it is a really big problem

I bought a GL531GU laptop and have the same problem. Sometimes I have that lag witch the touchpad. I realle hopes that Asus fix this as soon as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2