cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Essence STX II compatibility

cekeu
Level 12
Is Essence STX II (https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Essence_STX_II/) a good experience instead of the onboard audio on the Recent ROG Motherboard ?
I use good sound quality stereo speakers
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you're interested the Essence STX II, I'm assuming music quality is your primary focus (otherwise you'd be looking the Strix). If there are various dedicated sound cards out there for people to spend extra money on, then you can bet more quality is possible.

Recent generations of ROG motherboards have brought audio quality to an exceptional level already, the codec and DACs rival even some prosumer solutions. Assuming you have a good amp paired with those quality speakers, you should be very happy with what you get from any of latest ROG motherboards. If you are an audiophile who has invested an exorbitant amount money into your headphones, audio equipment, and cables, then you should seriously look to the Essence for even more detail and quality. To experience that, the right equipment to match is essential, naturally.

This decision doesn't come without caveats though, your graphics card becomes a factor due to interference, so it's important not to place the Essence right next to any of the latest high-end cards (farther the better). Also there are some platforms you'll need to avoid (more info below).
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101937-Essence-STX-II-and-STX-II-7-1-incompatible-with-X37...

cekeu
Level 12
Thank you. Your opinion will help me to make a decision after a little more reflection time. Sonic Studio and the audio components of the Rampage VI Extreme are very good.

Vlada011
Level 10
Really bad because I don't know anyone who could borrow me Essence STX II to complete ASUS Trio. Mobo-GPU-Sound.
Because I have problems with SBZxR every time when I install OS and when reinstall cards after Windows 10 updates before several months.
I always fix but always is same problem, mixing channels. And than install old drivers, disable windows auto update, installing one by one cable and test, not set Surround immediately, I set after 2-3 days and apply their patch and later work. But I'm not sure how much is impact on performance and Sound Cards should work normaly, you install driversa nd that's it. But not any more. SBZ series with so much sound power become crap thanks to software, that's very bad to know because smart people would be capable to fix that and optimize to new MS codes for WIndos 10 1709 I think.