cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSI afterburner question

-javier-
Level 7
can AB run the external fan when is plugged in the back of an asus strix 1080ti?
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi javier

No, you'll have to use GPU Tweak II to control the external fan headers.

-javier-
Level 7
also have another question on which i dont want to make another thread..

i have an asus strix 1080ti oc and i wanted to ask which is better for overclocking? I know there's not difference in performance when it comes to the 2 software but which one is best at putting in the overclock into the card?

-javier- wrote:
also have another question on which i dont want to make another thread..

i have an asus strix 1080ti oc and i wanted to ask which is better for overclocking? I know there's not difference in performance when it comes to the 2 software but which one is best at putting in the overclock into the card?

They're exactly the same when it comes to OC.

GPU Tweak has additional fan control as mentioned by Nate. AB doesn't. I use both in my rig.

Nate152
I'm digging the new and improved GPU Tweak II with OSD. There are some nice features with GPU Tweak II's OSD and it shows the major readings without using Riva Tuner Statistics Server which Afterburner uses and Precision X OC I believe now uses HWMonitor.

Precision X OC's "KBoost" is exclusive to EVGA gpu's only, this locks your gpu at the max overclock, Afterburner can lock the max clock on any gpu. GPU Tweak does not offer this yet and after some testing, I get lower benchmark scores locking the gpu at max clock so not that big of a deal.

GPU Tweak II allows you to add a photo and text, you can adjust the size and transparency of the photo and text and place it anywhere on the screen. Afterburner and Precision X OC do not offer this.

All three overclocking tools will overclock your gpu the same, it basically comes down to which one you prefer.

Here is a video with GPU Tweak II's OSD, I added the Republic of Gamers logo and "The Choice of Champions" text, I think it's pretty cool.

F0x135
Level 7
I'm loving the OSD so far, been wanting to get rid of AB/Rivatuner for so long. Less system resources the better.

Pity that Asus timeline for the GPU Tweak beta programme is so long though, hoping it's bug free on release for that timeline!

stewart_1
Level 8
Nice work with the video Nate. Will share on the Beta Testing thread. 🙂